• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

IMO the FN2 looked horrible as it is (sunk into me a bit since), and now this thing is just more vile. I'll be sticking with my 98 Civic Type R haha

I read this today after searching for some info, some may have read this.

The 2015 Honda Civic Type-R will come to the market with 2-liter engine which will produce 300 horsepower. It will make the 2015 Civic fastest FWD on the road.

“We have an idea of the products our rivals are developing and regardless of what anyone else produces, our car will be the fastest front-wheel-drive model around the Nurburgring when it goes on sale,” Yasuhisa Arai said, president of the Honda Research Institute. “And we will do whatever we need to in order to make that happen.”

According to Honda, the Civic Type R will apply technologies developed while preparing for the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC). Given its WTCC roots, Honda has huge expectations of its 2015 or 2016 Civic Type R, as it also announced that it is aiming to make the Civic Type R the fastest front-wheel-drive car to ever lap the mighty Nürburgring.

Set for a 2015 launch, the new Civic Type-R is expected to get a mechanical limited slip differential and possibly rear-wheel steering. Honda presented its Precision All-Wheel steer during an event in Japan, a system that increases speed during cornering and turns the rear wheels inwards a little bit while under hard stopping to avoid weaving around.

Now that sounds like a fast hatch, let’s hope we can still afford it. Our other big complaint is that they took so long until they started working on the car. By comparison, VW only had a few months’ delay between the Golf VII and the GTI.
Honda announced that the Type R will be developed specifically for the European market and Honda’s UK division wants a starting price of 25,000 GBP, but it’s not certain if they will be able to pull this off.

sounds like it will be an awesome car, hope they can achieve this without having a turbo on it, still to whats we all love about the Type R its Vtec power..... but why such a long wait......

I read this today after searching for some info, some may have read this.

The 2015 Honda Civic Type-R will come to the market with 2-liter engine which will produce 300 horsepower. It will make the 2015 Civic fastest FWD on the road.

“We have an idea of the products our rivals are developing and regardless of what anyone else produces, our car will be the fastest front-wheel-drive model around the Nurburgring when it goes on sale,” Yasuhisa Arai said, president of the Honda Research Institute. “And we will do whatever we need to in order to make that happen.”

According to Honda, the Civic Type R will apply technologies developed while preparing for the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC). Given its WTCC roots, Honda has huge expectations of its 2015 or 2016 Civic Type R, as it also announced that it is aiming to make the Civic Type R the fastest front-wheel-drive car to ever lap the mighty Nürburgring.

Set for a 2015 launch, the new Civic Type-R is expected to get a mechanical limited slip differential and possibly rear-wheel steering. Honda presented its Precision All-Wheel steer during an event in Japan, a system that increases speed during cornering and turns the rear wheels inwards a little bit while under hard stopping to avoid weaving around.

Now that sounds like a fast hatch, let’s hope we can still afford it. Our other big complaint is that they took so long until they started working on the car. By comparison, VW only had a few months’ delay between the Golf VII and the GTI.
Honda announced that the Type R will be developed specifically for the European market and Honda’s UK division wants a starting price of 25,000 GBP, but it’s not certain if they will be able to pull this off.

Chinese sweat shop?
no mate we make the whole dash and every bit of plastic rumour is its a diesel, iv seen the moulds for the interior, only difference between the hanging standard space mobile is lights going around the centre console, seems like they cutting major corners!
If you are going to try be funny id think what you are saying, CAR INTERIOR IN A SWEAT SHOP! !! hmmm let me think no. you tit
just to let you know seing as your most probably a 12 year old dreamer Honda are Japanese not Chinese. bloody fool

I don't even know what you just said apart from you calling me 12....which is rich when you clearly lack the grammar skills of a 12 YO.

Oh and you claim it's going to be a diesel and then you say it's a rumour....you should worry about your facts first rather than my hilarious middle finger to geography-joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the Mugen car bud. Mugen aero bits, wheels and suspension.

I don't even know what you just said apart from you calling me 12....which is rich when you clearly lack the grammar skills of a 12 YO.

Oh and you claim it's going to be a diesel and then you say it's a rumour....you should worry about your facts first rather than my hilarious middle finger to geography-joke.
read it again you will understand. just like you have looked at so many pictures of cars you actually think you got one.
I think rumours coming out of where the car is made have more foundation than all the speculation.
d

read it again you will understand. just like you have looked at so many pictures of cars you actually think you got one.

cba

I think rumours coming out of where the car is made have more foundation than all the speculation.
d

Fair point, but anyone could've made that up. I work for one of the world's largest retailers and rumours spread around that place like a Chinese whisper on Eastenders.

Don't believe the hype young Padawan, until you see something substantial to back it up.

You make the dash and from that you can deduce it's a diesel?

It's also not in production yet, it's still in testing and development in bare form, so quite why the interior would be being cast now is a bit strange. Are you sure they aren't for the Tourer or a motor show mock up?

While I'm at it what's with quoting me on the picture of the Mugen design concept?

no mate we make the whole dash and every bit of plastic rumour is its a diesel, iv seen the moulds for the interior, only difference between the hanging standard space mobile is lights going around the centre console, seems like they cutting major corners!
If you are going to try be funny id think what you are saying, CAR INTERIOR IN A SWEAT SHOP! !! hmmm let me think no. you tit
just to let you know seing as your most probably a 12 year old dreamer Honda are Japanese not Chinese. bloody fool

Oh, and mind the text speak please http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?69042-View-on-Text-Speak

and mind the personal insults. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22092-Forum-Rules

Ready for quotes when the new type R comes out. Could work, "GTD" is a great car. But I bet they don't call it a type R!

I can't really see the insulting factor. Are you offended he's callspec quoteinese?
pretty much yeah
I sorry mate but wouldn't you?
i was just putting it out what i have heard(to be fair has more substsance than all the speculation) and I get told I was working in a Chinese sweat shop!

I sorry mate but wouldn't you?

Honestly? No. It's a fact that a lot of car parts are made in places like China, whether for a Japanese company or not. I read it as a tongue in cheek comment that you've obviously taken the wrong way. It's cool that you've obviously got a lot of pride in your job, just try and chill out a bit when you read people's replies.

This is the Internet. There's a lot of banter involved.

Back