• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Only if you get a 5 year warranty and free 5 year service plan plus a fully loaded car would I go that high
I'm starting to now think about the BMW 235i coupe (331bhp) which starts at 34K

I suppose a bit like final form of car we just have to wait. It's all conjecture just now right?

what would you all say at £32,000?
or at £29,000?

to me the price doesnt matter. 30k is the same as 35k, i wouldnt be able to afford one at either price. I guess the only thing that could affect me later down the line is that they will be much rarer to buy second hand and as a result much more exclusive and expensive :(

30k is the same as 35k
No, there's £5000 difference. The type of people who won't care about the retail price are those who will buy the car on a lease or using some form of finance, as it then becomes a game of monthly payments versus spec once a car is chosen. I just don't see why someone would opt for a Japanese FWD Civic over a Golf R, M235i etc. Only the hardcore Honda fans surely? Which means that Honda won't be doing very well as like it or not, those type of fans do not make up a significant amount of the market. The reason the EP3 sold so well is because you could buy one for £16000 and it was better than the Golf GTI and most of the other hatches around.

Whichever way you look at it, £35k is fu*king disgusting for a Honda Civic. So I hope that price is just speculation.

Until Honda confirm more detail of what it will cost it's just hearsay and speculation. I have the original receipt for my DC2 from nearly 17 years ago. It cost over £20k. In todays money that's probably not too far off £30k. In this price bracket there's a lot of competition but I'm sure Honda have done their research to work out what people would be willing to pay.

With the upcoming Focus RS and the always impressive Renaultsport Meganes, as a car enthusiast it's exciting times. I really hope Honda pull something out of the bag, otherwise for all the marketing hype, they could end up looking a bit silly!

Last edited by a moderator:
the thing is if its £35k is that the fully specced up version with every optional extra on? or just a basic, i really cant see it being £35k i'd take a guess at 28-30k i think they are just chucking in red herons everywhere at the moment

Honda don't really do extras. You get what you get with the model you choose.

Not like German cars with an option list.

Ah I've never bought a brand new car so didn't know that, hopefully we will all be put to rest once they release the final figures

Posted on Civinfo:

rowbo said:
So with the news breaking that the new type R release date has been put back to 2016 I wonder what the guys who have laid out deposits feel :cry:

rowbo said:
Nope ! Just heard from a contact in Swindon

jamesmckelvie said:
The Doctor UK said:
Ok I know jack s*** about developing cars etc but lets just say this 2016 rumour is right, what on earth are they doing to this car for it to be delayed until 2016. Please don't say they are waiting for the RS to show up.

Working on keeping it running, believe it has been cutting out a lot during testing.

If it is true :picardfp:

Phew!

I don't think we could keep this thread alive for another year. I am gagging to see photos of the masterpiece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back