• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

That looks pretty cool. When Clarkson was talking about the Civic and HRV on Top Gear a few weeks back, front on the Civic is a very good looking car.

I drove my parents new civic for quite a good few miles the other day, although its an 1.8 auto I can certainly see the potential of the chassis.

It's all looking quite good - even from what you can make out with this pics released. The sad thing about it IMO is that it clearly shows that if this car is not due for release until 2015, they are not looking to change the shape/.design of the current looking civic for a few more yrs yet and the trends can change so much in that time. i.e. by the time they release it it may look 'out of place' and 'old' by comparison of others.

I have owned my current CTR for almost 6 years and can see myself keeping it till the new one comes out.

Plenty time to save up the cash for a 300bhp 'R' unless it's priced like the Mugen Civic.

I have owned my current CTR for almost 6 years and can see myself keeping it till the new one comes out.

Plenty time to save up the cash for a 300bhp 'R' unless it's priced like the Mugen Civic.

I don't think I will ever sell my EP3, but I can certainly see one of these being on the drive if it turns out how will all seem to think it will.

[video=youtube;fBHUxqJqVBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=fBHUxqJqVBU[/video]

Looks to corner very flat. :D
Very RS250/265 sound to it. :|
Doesn't sound very high revving. :(

Wait till I see a production version/preview - but the shape does nothing for me personally. Performance murmurings sound good.

Sorry guys but i just dont like it. The back end looks like a fat arse and those sticky out lights are terrible. Im liking the 4 exhausts but as a whole this is an ugly car. A Type R needs to strike fear into the hearts of other hot hatch drivers, not make people pass comment on whether they think it is good looking or not, that shouldnt even be a question.

This would not look mean in your rear view mirror nor does it 'look' powerful whether it is powerful or not. If it is released in this shape i will be disappointed personally.

Wait till I see a production version/preview - but the shape does nothing for me personally. Performance murmurings sound good.

When the EP3 first appeared I didn't rate the look of it, I still bought two in a row though and enjoyed thrashing them to within an inch of their lives. :lol:

I'll get excited or not when the new one eventually appears. If It's a brilliant car It may well be my last performance car as I'm not getting any younger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back