• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 sloppy gearstick.

Hi guys.

Just wondering if there's any way I can tighten the feel of my gearstick lever on my ep3.
When it's in gear I can still move it side to side a lot. Maybe
20mm each way.

I have a tegiwa short shifter fitted. I noticed tegiwa also do the solid gear shift bushes.
But I can't see how that would help the actuall lever movement.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Paul

Solid bushes might help, take your gator off and check for movement in the shifter mounts. 20mm sounds wrong.

20mm is maybe abit of an over estimate. But it does move alot.

Iv looked and there seems to be movement where the actuall gear leaver mounts into the
Plastic ball.

Don't suppose there's anything I can do exept buy a new gearlever assembly :(

Try a Buddyclub Short Shifter. Ive just installed one and its great. Nice and stiff. Ive got a set of Tegiwa Shifter Bushes, but Ive been advised not to fit them, you can have them if you want to try them.

Postage. Had them for ages, but was told not to bother fitting them.

Give us a fiver and I will post them out later.

Could just be a loose gear linkage, easiest thing to check and you don't have to spend any money speculating.

Could it be that previous owner hasn't transferred the white plastic cap onto the short shifter? That'd give excessive play, but I'm not sure it'd work without it so that's probably a long shot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QksIPMgJdU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was also like that before the short shifter was fitted by the way :)
So it's not that causing it

Ive always wondered if they put extra strain on the gearbox with the shifting mech having little to no play

Back