• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 sloppy gearstick.

That's exactly what it was. The picture is working on my phone at the moment it's fairly self explanatory when you get the gear shift fairer of. There's one ball joint that's part of the short shifter kit on mine that had worked loose.

Picture is still working fine here, looks like the Neuspeed Short Shifter I have in my drawer at home.

It was already fitted when I had the car, then the gearchange started to get really weird. Had a look and whoever fitted it had only used two of the four bolts, and they had both come loose and dropped down, the shifter was hanging on exactly like in the picture!!

I could only find one of the bolts, I've tried to match them up in B&Q & Halfords, but can't quite find the right thread\size - any idea's where to look?

I whipped the top of my shifter off tonight for a look. All the side to side play in mine is in the bit white plastic ball that the shifter runs through (it's molded around the stick). I guess at 100k the plastic is wearing out so may replace the whole unit i think and see if that improves it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Guys
Does any one know where I could get just the small plastic bit from?? If I was to replace this bit with a new one surly this would sort out some of the lateral movement.

Don't think you can get it seperate, have a look on lings honda parts website. If anywhere will sell it they will.

Think you can only buy the whole thing it's about 130 sheets I already looked into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dam that's a lot just for one small bit and that's even if it actually makes any difference

You get the whole unit the bit that bolts in. So whole gearstick mech if you like. I was thinking of replacing mine you see.

Ok so is this a Job that you could do your self ?? As I am thinking if fitting the tegiwa short shifter kit currently but if I have to get a new mech then might have to put that off.

I have sent a pic of the part I need to honda and asked for a price of just that bit. If I get anywhere with them I will post the price and ordering details for anyone else that would like them.

I think the tegiwa kit will not solve the issue, only mask it. The movement is as a result of wear and tear to the gear mech itself. Internals are plastic and therefore tolerances lessen as time goes by and with extended use.

As Lewis has said the problem is the shifter itself. Either replace it with a honda replacement ( which costs about £140) or the buddy club one ( around £170) which also shortens the shift

Try a Buddyclub Short Shifter. Ive just installed one and its great. Nice and stiff. Ive got a set of Tegiwa Shifter Bushes, but Ive been advised not to fit them, you can have them if you want to try them.

Hi mate
Why were you advised for the Tegiwa Shiffter Bushes not to fit them in mate?

Back