• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unichip Q

With the following engine related mods below I have a unichip on mine and a graph showing 262bhp from when it was all mapped and setup.

Invidia 421 Manifold
Invidia Decat Pipe
Invidia B pipe
Invidia N1 Rear Box
Injen Long Arm Induction Kit
Dastek Unichip

How much i believe the graph is another matter altogether as I have never been a fan of RR figures, but what I can say is that this little EP3 wiped the floor with my old 270bhp Audi S3.

I must also add that in the 3 weeks I have owned this car I have been finding other modifications that have been carried out that the previous owner didnt even know about so there is every chance its had much more done to it than I have listed above.

What I will say though is that I have owned some fairly quick cars in the past so I have a generally good feel for how 260ish bhp should feel and as much as I would doubt the actual graph the car does feel like its running at that sort of level.

Sounds like a sweet motor buddy. I also run unichip with a few mods too rbc intake aem cai full dc sports system, but its not putting out anything like you say yours is getting.... 232@166 pounds foot

Taylor

Sounds like a sweet motor buddy. I also run unichip with a few mods too rbc intake aem cai full dc sports system, but its not putting out anything like you say yours is getting.... 232@166 pounds foot

Taylor

Personally I would say your figure sounds far more realistic, but in saying that I have recently been tinkering with mine and believe its running far leaner than I would like. if that is the case then it wouldnt surprise me if it is running good power as when you run more timing advance and lean the mixture you do get a considerable power gain.

I am currently contemplating removing the unichip as I believe it is causing a few issues with the overall running of the car, more prominant when its cold and not up to temp.

When you start yours in the morning does yours seem to splutter and misfire initially until its warmed up a bit ?

For sure buddy been like this since I had it installed also. Its been at the tuners with this issue, but cannot pin down the problem.

I may also disconnect it just to see what happens. Do you find it starts ok when the outside temp is warm.

Taylor

Yes mate, I cant quite pin it down either ! If you start the car from cold it seems to run perfectly until you try and drive, it then hesitates and splutters a bit then suddenly clears and off you go. If its warm when you start it and try to drive off it is usually fine right away.

I have now removed the Unichip and personally feel the car runs better, its also most definately runnning richer than it was too as when I pulled the plugs there a much better colour than they were with the chip connected. I can remap cars myself so I am planning to probably get a second hand K100/KPRO and go that route, although in saying that it really is running quite well now so I may just leave it as is.

I do still get the odd hesitation/stutter when cold though but I think I may need to replace the plugs or check for any vac leaks.

I also have removed it, car seems not too bad still getting some hesitation, I'm sure civics sometimes develop this. It can be a common issue in older ones.

Fotunatly my car is still under warranty with the tuner, so al take it up with him... Its defo not right

Taylor

Sos motorsport in falkirk. I have been on unichip web page. It lists fitment for the ep3....

Maybe were being too hasty to point the finger at unichip. My car ran fine when it was installed. Over time its developed this issue.

Back