• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Seriously thinking of parting with the DC5 and getting a FD2

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here for a long time but here it goes. I have randomly come across a gorgeous looking CW FD2 and I have fell in love with it, don't get me wrong I still love the Teg but from what I've read from threads on here the FD2 Is a totally different driving experience, the move to a FD2 seems to be all pros with very little cons, only possible faults I have discovered whilst going through the threads is a ECU fault and the drive is hard but compared to the new E92 M3 I was looking at these seem to be very minor issues. Read a very Interesting review by Dotty and I have been convinced, brilliant write up! I am off to see two FD2's on Saturday and I can't wait......Child in a sweet shop FTW! Cheers everyone and I will keep you updated

Best Type-R I owned by far. Previously owned EP3, EK9, DC2 and DC5. In fact... could be the best car I've driven?

The harsh ride is sorted out pretty easily for some replacement Koni rear dampers, which are so easy to replace. I done a how to on the FD2 forum. They cost less than £200.

You won't regret it :cool:

Thanks Allen, much appreciated. I have just joined the FD2 forum and have spent pretty much all night reading through threads......looking forward to the day when I can officially say 'I have a FD2' Can't get over how spacious they are inside

Great guys on the FD2 Owners forum. Don't use it now but we was a pretty close group as not may owners, so we all got to know each other fast.

I'm sure you'll hear from "Jonster" posting on there. He was the closest member to me so we met up frequently. If he does post to you say Neil says hi :)

the move to a FD2 seems to be all pros with very little cons

As an FD2 owner myself, I can vouch for the qualities of the FD2. However, it's not all great; as Allen says, you'll need to sort out suspension changes as the standard is VERY hard for UK roads. Then there's the insurance cost (will be higher than the Teg) and the fact that if you want to tinker or get things serviced competently, there are far fewer really knowledgeable people around. The good news is that the guys on the FD2 forum are extremely helpful (even though there aren't many of us)!

Hi Buckley88 ,

The reality is that all Type Rs are special. Having had the pleasure of running a DC2 back in 98 when it hit the streets I now have the pleasure of driving my FD2 and alternating with my S2k when the sun shines :D.

I took the plunge with my FD2 back in Feb and haven't looked back since. Fantastic car and is different but not necessarily better than my wifes EP3. When I'm in the EP3 I'm never scrambling to get out. It has nuiances which I feel are unique (the gear change is slightly smoother , more ergonomic , momo steering). The FD2 has it's uniqueness too (superb LSD (DC2 would oversteer under extreme provocation whereas the FD2 is rock solid) , stiffer suspenson). My suspension is stock and totally bearable and I wouldn't change it for the world. Both my wife and 5 year old daughter never really notice :lol: In fact on long journeys my daughter quite happily watches her dvd player in the back and that's with the cat back Toda singing behind her head.

The FD2 is considered to be the greatest Type R to date and possibly forever considering the Tree Hugging/Low emission prophets of gloom & doom have pullled the teeth of future Type R evolution progression.....:mad:

And why would you expose yourself to the inconsistencies of BMW quality compared to the consistent high standard of Honda ?

Going from 1 Type R to another you won't be dissappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Luner Tick, thanks for getting back.....I was surprised at the quotes I had back, cheapest quote was £200 cheaper than the Teg.....my mates think Im mad opting for the FD2 over a Evo or Subaru because of price etc.....could get a 500bhp car for half the price of a FD2 but I want the car because I am a Honda bloke, familiar with the engine, It's uniuque and at the end of the day its a Honda. I will be getting one :)

Thanks Eugene, really appreciate that reply....paints me a picture and its a picture I like.....as you say every type R has its own character....you can't really say this type R is the best because they are all good.....I loved my ep3, I love my Dc5 now and I'm sure I'll love the FD2.....firstly the car is more practical, five doors for example, boot space is brilliant and it looks fantastic, possibly more family orientated?? thats debatable but the long and the short is I want one, Iv'e just come off the military ranges after watching the Wrc and there were a few ep3 type R's about, No Integra's and especially no FD2's I want to be the one with the Fd2.....p.s the new Subaru Impreza looks very nice (saloon shape) but no match for the Fd2 ;)

Hi Buckley88 ,

The reality is that all Type Rs are special. Having had the pleasure of running a DC2 back in 98 when it hit the streets I now have the pleasure of driving my FD2 and alternating with my S2k when the sun shines :D.

I took the plunge with my FD2 back in Feb and haven't looked back since. Fantastic car and is different but not necessarily better than my wifes EP3. When I'm in the EP3 I'm never scrambling to get out. It has nuiances which I feel are unique (the gear change is slightly smoother , more ergonomic , momo steering). The FD2 has it's uniqueness too (superb LSD (DC2 would oversteer under extreme provocation whereas the FD2 is rock solid) , stiffer suspenson). My suspension is stock and totally bearable and I wouldn't change it for the world. Both my wife and 5 year old daughter never really notice :lol: In fact on long journeys my daughter quite happily watches her dvd player in the back and that's with the cat back Toda singing behind her head.

The FD2 is considered to be the greatest Type R to date and possibly forever considering the Tree Hugging/Low emission prophets of gloom & doom have pullled the teeth of future Type R evolution progression.....:mad:

And why would you expose yourself to the inconsistencies of BMW quality compared to the consistent high standard of Honda ?

Going from 1 Type R to another you won't be dissappointed.

I think you have it all set up there Eugene, FD2R is such a good daily and practical, paired for a weekend drive of the s2k. That's what I am going for. Only if the partner can drive stick shift:p

Back