• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How many miles

Hi guys I'm new to this forum, I've got an 02 ep3 ctr and I love it, it's done 95500 miles, is this ok mileage or should I think about an upgrade/engine refurb? It's totally fine, just seems a little under powerd, my brother has a corsa vxr and 2nd gear @20mph we toed it and his crappy corsa got away! NOT HAPPY!! Any comments will be good! Cheers guys

First off that mileage is fine as long as its ha regular oil changes.

Second it's very difficult to compare the CTRs high revving N/A setup to the VXRs smaller capacity boosted engine

Mine hit 90k thismorning, feels no different than the day I bought it (36k)

First off that mileage is fine as long as its ha regular oil changes.

Second it's very difficult to compare the CTRs high revving N/A setup to the VXRs smaller capacity boosted engine

Not forgetting that all the power in a Type R is at the top end of the rev range, so if you're doing a rolling start in 2nd at 20mph it will take a while to pick up.

They're not renowned for torque.

Thanks guys! Made me feel better :) how many miles do you guys think the type r engine will be strong for? I change oil every 8-10k

How long is a piece of string.
If looked after they can go on for years...

I know of a K-pro 260bhp DC5 at around 160k miles
Also, please mind the text speak.

That's a fair answer stoo! I'm going to look into some suttle mods for mine! Something to increase acceleration! Any suggestions?

Have a look around the forum bud.

There are literally hundreds of options to choose from.

If I were to do it again, I'd be sorting the brakes/handling first though....

Uprated pads, lines, fluid and some lowering springs, geometry kit and fast road alignment...

I've met a guy with S2000, with 292k miles on it, same engine when it was brand new.

Still ragging the car with it.

I know they are different engine, but same Honda. :)

Back