• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FRSU owners, I have a question for you...

I've lowered my EP3 on Eibach Sportlines as I'm going to be using it for trackdays, with one approaching next month. I'd originally planned on getting a FRSU done at Grinspeed to enhance the handling, but it seems to handle great already! So my question is this... Is it really worth paying the extra for the setup? What difference am I going to notice? Has anyone done the same as me and lowered it first before the setup?? I'm just trying to justify spending the extra!

Yes, do it, do IT, DO IT. FRSU is by far the best mod on the EP3 bar none, especially when doing track days. If you think it handles good now, believe me you will be amazed at how good it is after.

Thanks Tom, just what I wanted to hear... Although it's not what my wallet wanted to hear lol. I'm surprised how the springs have improved the drive, the car seems less unpredictable now and the dull steering feels improved!

Not what I wanted to hear :) My EP3 is having a JDM rear arb and Eibach Pro Springs fitted on Saturday along with the Geo done and I was hoping this would be good enough for me also but it sounds like the FRSU is going to have to be done at some point also now :(

An FRSU is having the Geo done. The Geometry of each wheel is set to give the best performance. Unless your just having the tracking done.

An FRSU is having the Geo done. The Geometry of each wheel is set to give the best performance. Unless your just having the tracking done.

I thought the fast road setup involved having different camber bolts etc as well as the Geo done. This is what I was quoted for the Eibachs, A total price for the work and parts (if we fitted Eibachs) would be about xxx inc VAT and a geometry check/adjust after.

I thought this would be as it says a geo check/adjust and not a FRSU which I thought involved new parts fitted.

Yes it is. Your car will be out of alignment as most of them are from the factory.

It's probably the best mod you can do to the EP3 and improves its pretty vague steering ten fold.

FRSU is just a fancy term coined for an alignment check. You need to fit the parts to allow the geometry to be set to the right figures.

Awsome, thats a bonus. So it looks like TGM will be doing the FRSU for me on Saturday and I didn't even know :)

It's really worth doing when lowering the car.

You'd be mad not to get adjustable arms and bolts fitted actually.

So... ABP or Grinspeed? (ABP is a LOT nearer)

Much difference in the setups or quality of service?

Yes it is. Your car will be out of alignment as most of them are from the factory.

It's probably the best mod you can do to the EP3 and improves its pretty vague steering ten fold.

Absa-bloody-exactly!

I thought the handling on mine was pretty garbage to be honest. It was on eibachs but not set up. dangerous if anything it felt, especially in the wet. frsu has transformed the car. can throw it in much more confidently but will be even better when i replace whatever bushes are worn up front and put better tyres on (although they are contisports up from but are garbage!). Still think my 172 Cup was much better on the bends though. But it didn't have vtec!

Oh, and I went Grinspeed - and just Pm'd him to go back for other bits! Great price and great attention to detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA no idea but probably not :)

They do supply, Eibach arms and bolts. Tom did my FRSU! Really good!

Amazing handling mate.

As per Tom, best mod for EP3, this should have been my first mod! :)

You won't regret getting it, worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even at the stock ride height the difference is worlds apart. TGM did mine for me (am still planning to get coilovers for mine at some point) and even on the road it is better. get it near a track and the difference is clear to see. The turn in is sharper, you can feel there is more grip and when it does reach the edge of grip it is much more progressive with you being able to play with the throttle to bring it back into line. The best way of expressing what its like I can think of is it reconnects the rear of the car to the front so unlike the standard setup which is all understeer when it breaks away the FRSU means front and rear are the same.

Thanks Al, I've had mine done now and totally agree with your description. The steering also feels less vague and as you say it's easier to feel the cars limits. Highly recommended modification!

Back