• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Goodwin10's Cosmic Civic Type R!

Right, well I got my CTR at the begining of this October :) I've always wanted one and getting recently getting a new job, at Honda ;) And getting that little bit older (22 now!) the opportunity to get one was here!

It's not my first Honda, I had an EJ6 Civic coupe, which I loved! It was a great little car and I do miss it! But then I sold that after getting the urge to have more power, which led to me getting my second Civic, an MB6 VTi. I loved the B18 but as for the rest of the car... I didn't love it like I did the coupe. I won't bother telling you guys the rest of my car history, it contains Peugeots, Renaults and Fords, that is all!

So the CTR, it had to be a facelift, either a Cosmic or a Milano, with low miles and standard! So our salesman found me this Cosmic, 54 plate (early 2005) with 59,000 on the clock and completely standard in excellent condition!

194699_10151050418150666_1654508368_o.jpg

iphone011.jpg

iphone014.jpg

I have some time off next month, so I do intend to get some decent photos!

As for the plans for her, I'm just enjoying it at the moment and saving up for a large spend hopefully!

Haha! I bet you do ;) I took the photos at Anglia Square in Norwich, There's loads of graffiti there :)

Cheers for the comments guys :)

Well, its been over 10 years since the original post. So its probably time for an update!
It is currently sitting on 114k now and still being daily driven.
Serviced and MOT'd each year at my local Honda dealer, which I also work for ;)
Here's a list of what's been done over the past 10 years:

Engine
  • Tegiwa Carbon Fibre Airbox
  • Tegiwa Cat-back Exhaust
Suspension
  • Tein Super Street Coilovers
  • Tegiwa Front Camber Bolts
  • Tegiwa Rear Camber Arms
  • Fast Road Set Up
  • Heavy Duty ARB Droplinks
Wheels & Brakes
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Rear Tyres
  • Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Front Tyres
  • OEM Wheels Refurbished in Anthracite
  • Refurbished & Powdercoated Red Brake Calipers from VTEC Monkeys
  • Front & Rear PBS Brake Pads
  • Front & Rear Pagid Brake Discs
  • Hel Braided Brake Lines
Exterior
  • Honda Access Door Visors
  • Black Sunstrip
Interior
  • Steering Wheel Retrim by Royal Steering Wheels
  • Skunk2 Gear Knob
  • Suede Gear Gaitor
  • Double Din Headunit
  • Recaro Child Seat (For the boy!)
  • Fitted Sunshades
tempImageo9UwYd.jpg
IMG_3036.JPG9AEA4D46-AA25-407C-97BF-CF9AC6AEFEAE.JPGIMG_3123.JPGD7DB4C69-FB97-4E5D-AFCC-B6C80A524CC1.JPG

It looks amazing mate.
Congrats.

I am actually starting my journey towards a fast road setup.

If you don't mind me asking:

1. To have a fast road setup, you need (minimum) coils/springs + front/rear camber adjustability. Do you agree?
2. Do you happen to know what is your front and rear toe/camber settings?
I am still not sure that front camber bolts provide allow the needed camber numbers that a fast road setup requires.

It looks amazing mate.
Congrats.

I am actually starting my journey towards a fast road setup.

If you don't mind me asking:

1. To have a fast road setup, you need (minimum) coils/springs + front/rear camber adjustability. Do you agree?
2. Do you happen to know what is your front and rear toe/camber settings?
I am still not sure that front camber bolts provide allow the needed camber numbers that a fast road setup requires.
Sorry, I’ve only just seen this.
Yes you’ll need at least the front/rear camber adjustability. I guess it could still be set up at standard height?
No I don’t remember the specs, I don’t have the paperwork anymore, I’m sure I found them on here somewhere.

So, this is the last update on my EP3..

After 10 years and 9 months of ownership, I’ve said goodbye to the EP3.

B61F7FEC-0A2C-4E40-9A38-E04F4CB7CAE9.jpeg
She’ll be missed, but I’m very happy with its replacement. A new thread will appear soon!

Back