• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just tried the Megs Headlight Restore Kit

Just had a go with the Megs Headlight Restore Kit and the results are pretty good. Still not perfect but I was freezing my balls off oustide and 30 mins was long enough for me. Here are some before and after pics.

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good man!

There's also a cheaper option, you can use a basic toothpaste on the lens, using the same application method and the results are the same!

^
I have heard this works but i have also heard it can strip off the UV coating on the clear lens which will in time leave the plastic prone to clouding/yellowing.

^
I have heard this works but i have also heard it can strip off the UV coating on the clear lens which will in time leave the plastic prone to clouding/yellowing.

This is true, however if your lights are already clouded or yellow then the coating probably has already gone

Good point.

The Megs stuff does look like it gives good results going by the above pics. Pricey stuff but pretty good value if they do the job like above.

Will have to give the mrs Yaris the toothpaste treatment when I get home. her headlights are brown and have annoyed me for long enough. thought that it was unrepairable.

very good results i'll give this a go on the mrs EP2. I'm still unsure if it's the inside of the len's itself on her car.

I've done the toothpaste method also and it works a treat. You wood the following,

2 x think wooly socks
1 x toothpaste
1 x bowl of water
1 x masking tape

First tape around your head light. Then wet the first sock and wash the headlight. With the other sock, apply some toothpaste and rub into the headlight in a circular motion. It will take a lot of elbow grease as the paste dries and gets hard to rub in but the more effort you put in the better the result. Do this for about 10 minutes or so and until the whole headlight is done. When you have have finished, use the first wet sock to wash the headlight.

I've done the toothpaste method also and it works a treat. You wood the following,

2 x think wooly socks
1 x toothpaste
1 x bowl of water
1 x masking tape

First tape around your head light. Then wet the first sock and wash the headlight. With the other sock, apply some toothpaste and rub into the headlight in a circular motion. It will take a lot of elbow grease as the paste dries and gets hard to rub in but the more effort you put in the better the result. Do this for about 10 minutes or so and until the whole headlight is done. When you have have finished, use the first wet sock to wash the headlight.

Going to try this when the weather gets better. :D

Back