• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice Needed please

First post I know but thought i'd get some decent advice from some real owners.

Im currently 20 years old and drive a 2000 CW Ek9 RX, absolutely love the car. its nippy, raw, and the handling is brilliant. Only been on track with it once and it performed beautifully.

However circumstances at home have changed, in the next 2-4 years I need to save deposit money for a house, so not after advice on that. I want a more refined modern car.

Im looking to buy when i hit 21 in april, the choices im looking at are a DC5 TR or an FN2 TR.

My fun head says go DC5, my sensible head says FN2.. Can get an 02 plate dc5 for like 8k with roughly 70k on the clock, however an fn2 08 plate with, with like 40 for 7.5k..

stuck and confused :(

__

And for anyone interested a picture of my car:

ScreenShot2012-09-08at201722.png

IMG_7910.jpg

You'll have more fun in the DC5. LSD as standard, more power, brembos, hydraulic steering, lower seating position. Don't get me wrong the FN2 is a great car to live with, but coming from the EK9 I think you'd be a little underwhelmed by the FN2.

Like you pointed out though, a DC5 would be 5 years older and insurance will be a fair bit more.

My advice would be to test drive both and go with what your instinct tells you or you'll always be wondering what if I'd got the other one.

Nice EK9 by the way.

Honestly.... keep the EK and buy a diesel beater. The EK will only go up in value if you look after it.

yeh hopefully having a test drive in the next week or 2 in a FN2.

I'm not expecting to be blown away by the performance of either tbh, like i said im just after a more modern refined car. I know for a fact when money in the future sorts itself out i will want another ek9, but for now i just want something a bit more modern. that wont go wrong, a smooth ride but the power there when i want it.

Have alot of friends round with k series engines and with some simples breathing mods and a map can get some nice power so always somewthing to aim at.

yeh the ek9 is ridiculously clean but its bordering on 100k now, im going to be putting it up for sale for 6k ( average price).

im simply not using the car to its full potentional and would rather pass the fun on to someone else :) maybe a money maker yes, but id rather else someone use her for some fun !

Just an update on this thread, car will be going up for sale in the next couple of weeks, after lots of chats with people , thread reading on here in particular and speaking to tuners. Going to go for a low mileage ep3 for a couple of years until my money situ is sorted :D have a bit of fun with that for a while.

then buy another Ek down the line!

Back