• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supercharged ep3

Goin to buy a standard ep3 type r and rotrex supercharge it just because I cant seem to find any forsale. Is anyone interested in sellin? Also interested in dc5, if not could someone tell me how much I should expect to pay to have it finished I was told 4 k if I get the stuff second hand. I'm only new to the site and would appreciate any help thanks in advance

There are a lot of variables. Depending on which EP3 you go for, ideally you want a low milage one, so more expensive. Rotrex Supercharger's rarely come up for sale second hand, so you could be in for a long wait. Then you need an ECU, either K100 or KPro and then a full map.

You would also have to take into consideration Brakes, Intake and exhaust.

Estimation would be more than £4k.

Thanks for the advice very hard to find one already done for sale. was thinking of buying the rotrex new and the rest of the parts seconed hand like injectors exhaust and ecu. have you a rough estimate would like to have a idea before i commit to it lol, thanks for your help

My Stage 2 Rotrex and Intercooler cost me £4200 new. Then I had it fitted at TDi North. ECU will cost upto a grand depending on which one you go for. Exhaust manifold £250-500 depending on the quality you want, Intake will set you back £150 - £400 depending on which way to go.

Are you sure you want to go down the Supercharger route. I did then got rid of it for a Turbo. TDi North are doing their own turbo kits, drive in - drive out price of £5500. All in, ECU, Exhaust Manifold and mapping. IMO its the route to go down.

Another route is contact Dent Remover on CTRO, he has been umming and arrring about selling his, he bought my SC off me, and I know its good. 350bhp, but will set you back about £8k.

My Stage 2 Rotrex and Intercooler cost me £4200 new. Then I had it fitted at TDi North. ECU will cost upto a grand depending on which one you go for. Exhaust manifold £250-500 depending on the quality you want, Intake will set you back £150 - £400 depending on which way to go.Are you sure you want to go down the Supercharger route. I did then got rid of it for a Turbo. TDi North are doing their own turbo kits, drive in - drive out price of £5500. All in, ECU, Exhaust Manifold and mapping. IMO its the route to go down.Another route is contact Dent Remover on CTRO, he has been umming and arrring about selling his, he bought my SC off me, and I know its good. 350bhp, but will set you back about £8k.
Thanks for the fast reply. Yea well I just had my head set on a sc do u mean 8k for the car with the rotrex on it? There's a boy with a rotrex. Sc ep3 I was speakin to the other day and his is 381bhp and it was him that told me 4k would do it but he must forget how much he has spent in total. What benifits have u seen with the turbo than the sc

Im sure you could do it for £4k, but you would be searching for the right parts cheap. As I said, my Rotrex sold for £2500, and it was 5 months old with less than 8k miles on it. They very rarely go up for sale.

The turbo in my opinion is much better, with the SC you only make peak power right at the top end, the faster the engine turns, the more power you get, so if your car makes 350bhp peak power, you will only have that power for a second before you need to change gear. The turbo makes more power quicker, so you will have peak power for longer in the rev range. Also if you get bored of the power and want more, its more difficult with a supercharger, and you only have 1 or 2 options, which is a change of pulley. The Turbo is just a retune and up it, or you can buy a bigger turbo and go for monster power.

In my opinion, the turbo is easier to handle, better fuel economy and sounds 100% better. Ive bought and sold a supercharger and replaced it with a turbo, and there are quite a few FN2 owners who have done the same.

Have a read through my build thread its full of useful information. But its all about what you want from the car at the end of the day.

Im sure you could do it for £4k, but you would be searching for the right parts cheap. As I said, my Rotrex sold for £2500, and it was 5 months old with less than 8k miles on it. They very rarely go up for sale.

The turbo in my opinion is much better, with the SC you only make peak power right at the top end, the faster the engine turns, the more power you get, so if your car makes 350bhp peak power, you will only have that power for a second before you need to change gear. The turbo makes more power quicker, so you will have peak power for longer in the rev range. Also if you get bored of the power and want more, its more difficult with a supercharger, and you only have 1 or 2 options, which is a change of pulley. The Turbo is just a retune and up it, or you can buy a bigger turbo and go for monster power.

In my opinion, the turbo is easier to handle, better fuel economy and sounds 100% better. Ive bought and sold a supercharger and replaced it with a turbo, and there are quite a few FN2 owners who have done the same.

Have a read through my build thread its full of useful information. But its all about what you want from the car at the end of the day.

thanks for the advice mate might take another wile and think about my options a bit more, that fella that does the dent removal is his car face lift and what colour i think i seen it up for sale. i dont reli know what route i wanna go down weather it be sc or turbo as i havent been in either just seen one going and had it in my head ever since lol. if that boy on ctro that bought ur kit was to sell it what would u expect to pay for everything to sc a standard ep3, i might ask him if hes breaking his car as he wrote it up on one of his threads recently. thanks again for the advice ** take a look at ur build

Its a Prefacelift in While with blue pearl flake, its a proper stand out car. I dont think he is after breaking it, I dont actually know if he is selling it now, I just know he was on about it. I think I paid about £6000 for everything, but I bought everything brand new.

You need to look at the SC, Manifold, B-Pipe, and backbox. ECU and mapping, and a decent intake. Then I would suggest Brakes, lines and fluid.

thanks for the advice mate might take another wile and think about my options a bit more, that fella that does the dent removal is his car face lift and what colour i think i seen it up for sale. i dont reli know what route i wanna go down weather it be sc or turbo as i havent been in either just seen one going and had it in my head ever since lol. if that boy on ctro that bought ur kit was to sell it what would u expect to pay for everything to sc a standard ep3, i might ask him if hes breaking his car as he wrote it up on one of his threads recently. thanks again for the advice ** take a look at ur build

Johnnycakes....

Please read this thread.
Thanks.
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=69042

Its a Prefacelift in While with blue pearl flake, its a proper stand out car. I dont think he is after breaking it, I dont actually know if he is selling it now, I just know he was on about it. I think I paid about £6000 for everything, but I bought everything brand new.

You need to look at the SC, Manifold, B-Pipe, and backbox. ECU and mapping, and a decent intake. Then I would suggest Brakes, lines and fluid.

thanks for the help, i will keep an eye out for a few parts seconed hand and what ever i cant get i will just have to buy new.

Hey dude.. I'm new here too, having just bought my first dream machine Ep3 I'm also dreaming of the super charger route one day.. I can see myself owning more than one of these cars.. Not at once but yeah the next ones gotta be low mileage for a mental supercharger adaption.

Having some real grief with the 16yo immobiliser though.. Surely speaking of this in the wrong section of the site however.

Anyway...

Original point was to say.. There's quite a few for sale on flea Bay now:)

Hey dude.. I'm new here too, having just bought my first dream machine Ep3 I'm also dreaming of the super charger route one day.. I can see myself owning more than one of these cars.. Not at once but yeah the next ones gotta be low mileage for a mental supercharger adaption.

Having some real grief with the 16yo immobiliser though.. Surely speaking of this in the wrong section of the site however.

Anyway...

Original point was to say.. There's quite a few for sale on flea Bay now:)

^6 years too late dude

Back