• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A 'Vs' thread? Oh gawd...!!

i woz myndin me own biznis wen i sor a phat Beema givin it deff so i fort i sho im...

...Only kidding.

A friend of mine has purchased a rather lovely Mk5 VW Golf R32 in Deep Blue with the optional Recaros... It's really nice car, however... My friend has not shut up about how awesome it is and how it's the fastest thing ever, and how it would completely 'ruin' my EP3 Civic. Now, as he's unlikely to join me on a trackday any time soon I guess he's just going to have to sit there and gloat. It did get me thinking though, so I did a bit of research to see how our cars stacked up on paper. There doesn't seem to be a great deal in it, the R32 has more power but is a fair bit heavier.

So, has anyone ever come across an R32 on their travels? (On a track, of course ;)) How do they compare? Would he embarrass me given the chance? My car is standard power bar an AEM v2 filter, which probably does naff-all!

Seconded on the BHP per tonne.

Also corners. The EP3 should have the edge regardless of 4WD.

I encountered one, it pulled half a car length or so ahead between 60 and 120 (in my Current ATR).

a mate bought one new in 2006, they are nice for what they are, sound good and with launch control I managed 5.5 to 60 which I can't get anywhere near in my ep3 so stick to the twisties

for a comfortable daily car I would have one but on track a ctr is the one I would choose

I had a play against one on a private road in my DC5. P*ssed all over him so he gave up.
The farmer was angry about us using his land though

My mate owns a dsg one an believe off the lights he was moving but to be fair he's is mapped with exhaust I was stock at the time

Back