• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 tyre advice needed

So I have read the reviews and I am still no more set on what tyres I am going to buy at the end on January.

I am buying all four tyres for my standard EP3 so the cheaper the better. While still being good naturally.

No track days on the horizon but something with lots of dry grip for "spirited" driving would be awesome. I don't do many miles at all as I live about 3 miles from work so I don't mind having a soft compound.

I know it should not even be a factor, but I'm a sucker for a brutal tread patten as well.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

I use the falken ze12 they have been great since i have had them. mixed reviews on them though from others.

There good for what you pay think its like £65 a tyre.

I have the RE050A's and they are a great all round tyre. Good wear rate and perform well in both wet and dry conditions on road and track.

If you don't do many miles though and looking for something with lots of dry grip I would also think about the Yokohama AD08's.

Re: EP3 Tyre advise needed

Just got some parada spec 2's fitted on ours, also have them on the dc2, seem to work well on it. We got 215/40/17

Just got some parada spec 2's fitted on ours, also have them on the dc2, seem to work well on it. We got 215/40/17
I personally dislike PS2. Above average in the dry and atrocious in the wet/cold.

I've tried a few tyre combos on my 2 EP3's.

I've found Eagle F1's to be good, but Toyo Proxes to be the best.

EP3 Tyre advise needed

Thanks for the heads up walkden. I just read a post from you on another thread and I could not work out if you was saying that 215/45/17 was best or 205/45/17? I know OEM is 205 but if people think the cheaper 215 is better then I may go for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
EP3 Tyre advise needed

DC5 OEM is 215/45/17.

Personally I would opt for 215 on an EP3, having said that best speak to a seasoned EP3 owner we only had ours just over a month before upgrading to a DC5.

EP3 Tyre advise needed

I would have thought there was a reason that OEM is 205 but I am not an expert by any means. But I know a guy who knows a tyre guy so I'll have words.

Back