• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 tyre advice needed

So I'm getting quotes as over the next few days. any more suggestions?

the Bridgestone RE050A potenza, Goodyear Eagle f1 asymmetric 2, and the Yokohama ADVAN NEOVA AD08 are the most appealing at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
just putting in the order now.

Help needed please!!!

Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetrical 2 OR Bridgestone Potenza RE050A?

Goodyear over the Bridgestones any day.

Why's that Loxy? I'm not saying your wrong just curious to know as I'm going to be making the same decision myself soon and have been thinking about giving the Goodyears a go.

I have been pretty impressed with the Bridgestones to be fair.

Just to mix it up abit i prefered contisport 3s over eagle f1s (they weren't the asymetrics though) :)

I went for the Goodyears as most of the reviews I read make them sound better, and loxy's reply. I needed to get them ordered.

Next time I'll go Potenza and we will see :)

Why's that Loxy? I'm not saying your wrong just curious to know as I'm going to be making the same decision myself soon and have been thinking about giving the Goodyears a go.

I have been pretty impressed with the Bridgestones to be fair.

I had some horrible Falken FK452s on the front of FN2 before the Ring and Spa last year, RE050As on the back (FN2 OEM tyre).

I went to TDi for fitting of the Clockwise baffled sump and a other few bits before the trip and got the wheels rotated while they were off just to see what the difference was. Potenzas were much better when on the front, felt very grippy, turn in was much better and the back would pretty much slide out on command with the Falkens on the rear.

Potenzas are a good tyre is the point to that ramble.

Anyhow fast forward a few days and I get the rears replaced with some F1 Asymmetric 2s. Now I had to try very hard indeed to get the back end out. The back end seemed a lot more solid, but that was maybe due to the load index of the F1s being 92 as opposed to the 88 of the Falkens.

Payday comes, a couple of days or so before the Ring and I get the fronts changed from Potenzas to the same spec F1s I already had on the rears. The difference with the F1s was comparable to how it had felt moving the Potenzas to the front. Again stiffer sidewalls may have contributed to the turn in feel, but the difference in grip was unreal, particularly in the wet (it always seems to be raining the day I get tyres fitted. :roll: )

The Falkens had 6mm tread on them and I sold them on. Met the guy on the way down to the hotel in Fleet in fact. Changed them because the lacked grip, seriously lacked grip and that's why I changed them first, leaving the Bridgestones on.

The Bridgestones had 3 and bit mm on them, 4mm being the legal limit in Germany and so the main reason for changing them in the first place. I liked them but fancied a change. I didn't bank on there being such a big difference but I was swayed by reviews and group tests. I won't ever go back to RE050As now I've seen the difference.

TL;DR went from Pots to F1s, difference was massive.

Don't worry Dan, you've made the right choice. ;)

I had a low budget when buying tyres when I got the car but I didn't want low end budget one's so I went for the falken ze912 and I still have them on with plenty of tread they have been great I thought, i am only comparing them to the cheap fullrun ones though that were on the car when i got it. I will need new tyres again soon so been doing a bit of reading up and so far i am planning on getting the falkens ze914 but i will keep an eye out on here.

I read it loxy. Thanks buddy. That confirms what the rest of the Internet told me. My guy will have them Monday so sometime next week will get them on.

I had a low budget when buying tyres when I got the car but I didn't want low end budget one's so I went for the falken ze912 and I still have them on with plenty of tread they have been great I thought, i am only comparing them to the cheap fullrun ones though that were on the car when i got it. I will need new tyres again soon so been doing a bit of reading up and so far i am planning on getting the falkens ze914 but i will keep an eye out on here.

912's are pretty naff if you ask me. Went from them to RE040 on my last EP3 and the difference was huge.

I went for the Goodyears as most of the reviews I read make them sound better, and loxy's reply. I needed to get them ordered.

Next time I'll go Potenza and we will see :)

Where did you get them from Dan and how much did you pay? My road tyres took a battering at Silverstone on Saturday and I'm thinking of giving these a go.

I friend of a friend for a good cash price of £95 per corner :lol:

Fair enough. I have seen them for £110 a corner which I though was pretty good and a bit cheaper than RE050A's so think I will give them a go.

I'm currently rocking Federals thanks to the prev. owner. I think they're a budget Tyre and I want rid of them!

Can't find the Eagle F1's for the EP3 on Blackcircles or Camskill so I'm guessing RE050's would be a good alternative?

Back