• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Job, new car.... Decisions, decisions.

Hey folks, This is my first post on this account as I couldn't remember the log in details on my original one. I remember a few of the users from back in the day on here, Dotty etc.

Anyway, I ended up parting ways with my old Ep3 a couple of years ago now and have been driving about in a 1.2 Fiesta :(

Ive just landed a new job and think it's time to treat myself to something decent, so yes I apologies, it's another "what car" thread.

I'm toying with the idea of keeping the Fiesta for daily driving and garaging the new car but I'm not sure if this is going to be better for me financially the way things are with tax and insurance etc these days.

Anyway, after much time spent thinking and browsing piston heads Im narrowing down the list of potential cars.

A DC5, s2000, 350z or possibly an older evo (5 or 6) or a type R STI scoob.

I love the look of the DC5 and have always wanted one, I'm just put off by the lack of power, the s2000 looks like a dream to drive, has a good few more horses than the teggy but the looks don't do anything for me, almost looks a bit hairdresser ish. I've also always wanted a 4 wheel drive turbo but I'm not sure I can justify the extra money for power and the interior on the old scoobs/evos is awful.

When I bought my ep3 I looked everywhere to get a 30th anniversary one, are there any particular models to look out for with the DC5 or the s2000? I noticed the jap import s2000's have a little extra power which is appealing.

Help me out folks, if you have pictures of your modded DC5's or s2k's I'd love to see em. I'm swaying towards an s2000 I just wished they looked a bit less girly.

I had an S2000 and while it was girly, it beat the fcuk out of me a few times whilst I was thinking I was a boss slapping her about.

On track and on the road.

Ahh I remember you s2000 thread actually, was a smart car.

I've pretty much narrowed my options down to either an s2000 or a DC 5.

What did you think of the s? Given the choice now which one would you have?

Also just out of curiosity did you ever get that 370z??

I'd say go for the dc5 too.had a s2000 weren't that impressed my bros got a 350z,good toy sideways alot.dc5's just look a bit special IMO .ps drive an ep3 now and love her;)

I agree that the DC 5 looks a "bit special", and they are pretty rare, I've not seen one up here in over a year.

I suppose I could always go down the Route of straight through exhaust, new manifold and K Pro to get that little bit more out of it :twisted:

DC5! They're hardly slow. Makes for a good A-B daily, a great car for b roads, an awesome car for track days..

I haven't got one.. yet. But you can tell I have a soft spot :)

Having said that.. i'd have an Evo 8/9 if I could afford it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back