• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Swirls

I bought my FN2 at the end of August and we really havent had much sun snice then , anyway this week in the sun (yes we did have atleast an hour) i noticed the car is full of light swirl marks and it really annoyed me.

Now im a tight git , id rather not pay someone else to do it if i can do it myself , ive just purchased a a das-6 pro but need a bit of advice on polishes/compounds to get to rid the swirls.

Ive been on detailingworld but its a bit of a headache to a beginner , god knows how many different products people use on thier cars , i didnt even know that many existed , so id like to hear from someone who has used something and been succesfull on a FN2 which has soft paint.

I know how to wax cars but machine polishes swirls is a bit new to me , the colour is deep bronze pearl.

Any help with choice of products would be appreciated

The thing with DA's is that whilst they are safer, they require more work than rotary to achieve correction. I managed correction on rotary with lime prime.

How bad are the swirls?

I've always stuck to 3m products; expensive but break down really easily.

Personally I would see how you get on with Lime Prime (not lite). If the swirls aren't too bad you might be happy. If you need to buy another product; Lime Prime will have loads of uses and should always be in the kit bag.

Have y looked at poor boys black hole I used It by hand on my car worked quite well for a quick clean gonna use it's with a buffer in the summer

Black hole is a glaze with fillers. Whilst it looks good for a week or two it won't remove swirls.

The thing with DA's is that whilst they are safer, they require more work than rotary to achieve correction. I managed correction on rotary with lime prime.

How bad are the swirls?

I've always stuck to 3m products; expensive but break down really easily.

Personally I would see how you get on with Lime Prime (not lite). If the swirls aren't too bad you might be happy. If you need to buy another product; Lime Prime will have loads of uses and should always be in the kit bag.

You cant notice the swirls when the car is in the shade , as soon as the sun hits it they stand out a mile , my mate told me to get a DA if i was new to it because he said you can damage the paint with a rotary if you dont know what youre doing. They arent that deep , it looks like the previous owner was a fan of automatic car washes.

Regarding Black Hole , i tried that a few months ago and it was great but didnt last very long and ill try Lime Prime when my DA arrives , thanks.

Im gonna try Black Hole with a good coat of wax on top of it , it should last longer in theory , atleast till the weather warms up.

Lime prime on a light cutting pad using a DA is a dream to use. I used a Sonus pad (can't remember what colour it is but it is the light cut one) and lime prime on my Cosmic EP3 and it removed all the very minor swirls which the car had first time. I then used the sonus sealant and other than the annual full session (ie clay, polish if needed and then re-seal it) it only ever needs a basic wash.

Back