• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Lift off oversteer

Hankook ventus evos, they feel great in the dry and even the wet I have to really try to get the back to come out to a satisfactory level

Hey everyone, i thought would be worthy to discuss a bit about LOOS in EP3s (since i had some recent experience going sideways and it wasnt as funny as in RWD car :) ). My car is completely stock with Eagle F1 Assy 5. Done a little research about FRSU and thought that would be a great idea in terms of driving and handling, however ive seen guys saying it makes car lift off oversteer quicker and easier. Im not quite sure if i like it, thus i would gladly listen to your ideas on how to reduce LOOS (or how to live with it :D). Thank you!

My EP3 is long gone but.... Before I sold it I put RE050s on the car and it made a noticeable difference. Although the Hankooks were grippy they felt very soft. The RE050s have a much stiffer sidewall which made the car feel more responsive.

With regards to LOOS increasing the rear roll stiffness will make it worse (or better if you're a tail out sort of person). Rear toe in will help. Front toe out (which is generally what people go for with a FRSU) will reduce understeer and make the car more pointy. This can have the effect of making the rear looser as you turn in harder.

If you're getting the back out its generally because you're having to adjust the throttle mid corner due to entering too fast or conditions changing (other cars on the road). Or in some cases you're getting the back out because it is wet and you fancy a slide. Either way make sure you're in a suitable gear to get some power down and transfer some weight rearwards to catch it. 9 times out of 10 when the back came out I knew it was going to happen because i had induced it.

My next car after the EP was a rwd. Took me a while to recondition my brain into not stomping on the throttle to catch a slide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Dan! I figured that you are correct by saying that the main issue is entrance speed being to high or a need for adjusting throttle due to changing conditions. I was also considering an LSD as a next mod (after FRSU and other handling mods).

After owning my ep3 for 6 years I finally had enough money to have an lsd fitted last month and wow it’s by far the best modification I’ve done, it totally transforms the handling. It’s well worth the money.

Back