• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting facelift wing mirrors to pre-facelift EP3

Did a search on this but surprisingly I can't seem to find any info on it..

Anyways I've won a pair of facelift wing mirrors on eBay for a matter of pence and just wondered what the wiring is like a compared to my pre-facelift mirrors? Have I got a nightmare on my hands or not?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading, Jack

Ahh that's fine then, ill just tap into the wiring for the side repeaters.

Im planning on a front end respray when the weather improves so ill get the side repeaters removed and smoothed in.

Thanks

Yeah I did mate, I cut both the plugs off and connected them via bullet connectors, I used a multimeter to find out what wire did what.

Jack

I did do that but they wouldn't work, I know 1 wire controls left down, another up right, but just wouldn't work, I know thes 2 negatives on facelift, but only 1 on pre face,

would u happen to have a diagram please bud ? with colour wires? :) pretttty pleaseeee

Top half is passenger side bottom half is drivers side, I hope I get good karma for this ;) haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-24-21-53-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-24-21-53-29.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 144
Yeah like I say cut the plugs off and put bullet connectors on the ends of every wire (I used female on the factory wires and male on the wing mirror wires) then connect them as per that picture above and everything should work on them fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
heyyy I done it today but it wont go up and down :( on ether side, it goes left and right, and the heated mirriors work :( ? any ideas?

There the exact combinations I used mate, I connected them using a multimeter then took them back of to have them sprayed and I wrote that list so I knew how to wire them back up .. do you have a multi-meter?

I used a screwdriver light :p to tell me which ones, done what, I wired them up, they seem fine, just doesn't go up and down, & theres no power going to up or down wire. .. . unsure why , how many fuses does the mirriors have ? only 1 I presume which is fine ?

I had someone PM me a while ago about doing this conversion but they couldn't get the mirrors to adjust at all, turned out before they messaged me they had a go themselves just connecting any old wire together and in the end he found out he had burnt out the actual switch! Could you have possibly done this?

I had a very similar situation today. bought a whole door for my facelift ep3, the guy that sold me the door never said its pre-facelift model door. So i take it all apart and see that pre-facelift mirror connector is different from facelift. so i do the same and cut it, connect it all back up as a diagram. also, cut the smaller white plug and connect two extra wires from the white plug to the new mirror.
Indicator light won't work! when adjusting the mirrors, it works, down and side to side, but when i turn the hazards on, that mirror is moving upward by itself with the rhythm of the hazard light.

So i just left it for now as it started to rain.

any diagrams of how it should be wired would be hugely appreciated.

Hi scrabby tramp. Did you figure this out? Can only get mine togo left right and down. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Just wanted to know if the indicators will work on the mirrors after following your diagram or would I need to tap into the indicator wire, if so where is it located and which wire is it?

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back