• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Flatspot? Anyone had the same issue?

I have an annoying flat spot on my FN2 type r, between 2000 and 3000 rpm when planting the accelerator pedal, there's a stutter, before she takes off? If I ease the throttle rather than floor it all seems fine? Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks!

Any mods on it?

The chaps with EP3s have a thread for something similar.

I only had my car standard for a few months and got a remap not long after that, so can't remember if mine had a flat spot to be honest. Might be just a quirk of the fueling?

My Teg has the same, I think it's a quirk of the K20 engine. Both of my EP3's had it too from what I remember.

Aye, I agree with trying it with VSA off. VSA is such a hinderance to me that I turn it off for every journey. Sometimes I forget and after half a mile think "what's wrong with this thing?" Then realise VSA is on. Reduces responsiveness and also does some crazy voodoo with your brakes if it senses you trying to slow the car from high speeds.

It's the same as ESP. There is a button to turn it off, which is now part of my normal starting procedure, mainly because of the aftermarket diff.

Anyhow, long story short, it's traction control and a system that will brake the wheels independently to stop an oversteer situation. When turned off the ABS still kicks in but you can spin the wheels and get the back end out.

I have to agree the car is much better with the VSA deactivated, however yesterday having come back up the M40 from Gaydon to Coventry my Engine Check Light is now on . . . !! I'm assuming a sensor is dodgy possibly O2 or MAF? My hand held OBD wont talk to the car (link error) so currently looking for someone in the Coventry area that can read Honda fault codes . . . .

I have to agree the car is much better with the VSA deactivated, however yesterday having come back up the M40 from Gaydon to Coventry my Engine Check Light is now on . . . !! I'm assuming a sensor is dodgy possibly O2 or MAF? My hand held OBD wont talk to the car (link error) so currently looking for someone in the Coventry area that can read Honda fault codes . . . .

Deffo sure it's not the little triangle with an exclamation mark that pops up when you deactivate VSA?

Does it still drive ok?

Is the car warmed up?? I often get said flat spot when she's cold. But after driving it for about 10 mins it goes. There are people (myself included) that dont go above 3000rpm till it's warmed up with 10-15 mins of driving.

Hesitant acceleration at low rev

I have an annoying flat spot on my FN2 type r, between 2000 and 3000 rpm when planting the accelerator pedal, there's a stutter, before she takes off? If I ease the throttle rather than floor it all seems fine? Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks!

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue as your describing my car exactly

Many thanks

Back