• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
Picking this up hopefully, the day after the FN2 has had all of its parts stripped, so the 23rd of May.

Part Exchanging the FN2 for it.

(Dealer photos)

Dealerfrontquarter.jpg

Dealerrear.jpg

Dealerinside.jpg

Dealerfront.jpg

Arrived in Bradford (yes, Bradford) at a rather plush Lexus dealership at 10:15 having been told the night before by the salesman that they opened at 10, when in fact it was 10:30. Luckily he realised this when he put down the phone and came in early.

Anyway, this is what I saw parked across the street before they came out and got me.

IMAG1002.jpg

60 plate WRX STi Type UK 4 Door, 34k on the clock, FSSH, just serviced, four new Dunlop SP Sport 01 (OEM spec on these) tyres. Previous owner had part ex'd it on a Lexus IS-F, which is how it came to be at a Lexus dealership.

Subaru dropped the name Impreza on these in 2010, so it's just the WRX STi, but yes it's an Impreza.

I drove it for half an hour today (salesman accompanied) and it's just awesome. Properly civilised, quiet and comfortable when cruising and pootling around town but has some absolutely gorgeous wastegate chatter and exhaust burble on lift off and overrun. It sounds just pure evil at full chat.

Salesman was good too, kept egging me on and telling me, "No speed cameras up here." :lol:

Got back to the dealers and had a nice coffee, knocked around for 10 minutes while the dealer did some figures, asked him to look at them again, had a smoke and he came out with something much more pleasing. Needless to say I've got the cheapest straight WRX STi saloon I've ever seen. It's either a sign of the times or it had been on their books too long, but I've secured a car I thought was out of budget.

Took this while waiting for the salesman.

IMAG1004.jpg

Roll on the end of the month! :)

I love these cars Loxy.

All it needs is an exhaust, front lip & rear wing

Straight you say....

:lol:

Looks good dude, roll along that road twice a day, surprised you didn't pop into the Khan garage just down the road.

What sort of price range are these in?

Exactly Ed, some with silly miles too. I won't be doing 10k a year, so this will be back to average within 12 months.

It was advertised at £17,490. I got another £700 knocked off. :)

Bargain when you reckon that's only £1,300 more than hatch I was looking at, that was two years older with more miles and the hatch is so much the inferior car.

Scott FOAD. :lol:

It's still under warranty, so I'll get it booked into Subaru for a once over after I pick it up.

Nice choice John, my only thing is it needs a big gay wing on the back, but other than that it's a great looking car. Enjoy it mate.

Funnily enough, that was the same type of lip I was looking at on the hatch.

BGW I'd have to see in person. Hopefully there'll be one at JAE for me to nosey at.

Looks nice John. So these were officially for sale in the UK? I always thought the hatch was the last.

Nice car and great price for it too. Personally I think it looks fine without a big ghey wing.

Reading the last two pages I can see Ed really wants one too.

Back