• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is honda civic type r 2002 Faster than a 2000 Golf turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who seems to think his golf turbo is faster than my civic, my civic is 197 and standard with only two previous owners full honda service history, and only 70k miles, my friend has had his golf mapped to 202 bph and seems to think he will beat me in a race but he won't race me, it's causing a lot of arguments and just wanted to see some people's opinions on golf turbos cheers

I was debating whether to put it on the track at japfest yesterday but I didn't, how much bph does it increase by changing the air filter? my friend has one on his golf, him and everyone on the golf forum seem to think they have the best car in the world.

I was debating whether to put it on the track at japfest yesterday but I didn't, how much bph does it increase by changing the air filter? my friend has one on his golf, him and everyone on the golf forum seem to think they have the best car in the world.

That applies to every single car forum in the world.

Who cares whose car is quickest. I bet you could put Plato in a Renault espace and he will be quicker then both of you.

Lol ^

anyway, I have had both cars now, had a golf gti mapped to 216bhp before my ep3, and the golf was quicker, but nowhere near as nice around corners etc. At the end of the day they are 2 completely different cars and you have to drive both differently as well. Straight line golf wins. Track EP3 wins every time. Who wants to be a straight line warrior though?! There's always going to be something faster out there!

unu3a7uv.jpg

why are you all making a big deal of this must all be just old men that don't drive over 20 mph, I didn't buy a type r to drive it like a granny, you should be on the Nissan micra forum and join the pensioners.

It just happens that once you've been on track, speeding on the roads just seems a little well pointless.

Driving like a granny on road FTW. It's immature thrill seekers and "my cars faster than yours attitude" that ultimately end up putting responsible drivers insurance premiums through the roof. It's only a matter of time before either a golf or an Ep3 is going to end up in a ditch/hedge/embankment/someone elses car. Lets hope it's not the latter and Darwinism prevails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back