• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX Opinions on S2000?

Hi guys

Just looking for advice/opinions, experiences, etc

I'm toying with the idea of getting an S2000, don't get me wrong I love my EP3 and will struggle to part with it but I have always had a keen eye for S2k's since I passed my driving test and always saw it as a car that I will always want but never get...well, now I'm of an age where insurance is just about affordable as is maintenance/fuel, etc so I'm looking to get as much info/peoples opinions on what to look for/recommended year, etc so if...no sorry, when I go to buy one I know exactly what I'm looking for.

I've seen some on ebay with 120,000+ miles now I know Honda engines last forever but are they still that good at that mileage?

If something similar has been posted before can someone point me in the right direction, if not any replies are appreciated :)

I take it you have got some quotes? Insurance can be high on these.

As with most Honda's. Servicing is the key. But I would prefer a high mileage with a not too many owners (makes me think it was looked after if it's been owned a long time by same person)

Obviously you'll lose out on some practicality over your EP3. I would try and get a GT version too so you get a hardtop for the winter.

I take it you have got some quotes? Insurance can be high on these.

As with most Honda's. Servicing is the key. But I would prefer a high mileage with a not too many owners (makes me think it was looked after if it's been owned a long time by same person)

Obviously you'll lose out on some practicality over your EP3. I would try and get a GT version too so you get a hardtop for the winter.

Yea quotes aren't too bad to be honest, only 22 but 6 years ncb with admiral bonus accelerator has helped lol looking around £1000-1100 which in my current position is pretty good.

There is only me and my other half and she has a little C1 (soon to be KA) that I'm insured on so the S2k wouldn't be a daily driver....I lie...to begin with it probably will :D but we have no children etc so 2 seats isn't an issue, I didn't think about the hardtop but great idea as the car is outside all year round. Although it isn't a big issue is there much difference in mpg between the EP3 and S2000? I'm averaging 32mpg mixed driving at the moment. I've read, on here I think, that the S2000 service points are every 9k instead of 12k for the EP3 is this correct?

I'd be concerned with the roof on high mileage/old ones.

Worst case scenario...is it a pricey fix?

I think so yes. Pretty sure Des on here paid around £600 or so to have his done.

Yeah. Pretty sure I paid £600 for mine. I also got a bit of a discount too. That was for a mohair roof with the glass rear screen.

I personally wouldn't go for a high miler.
Try to get one with the 17" wheels. It makes getting decent tyres so much easier.
While we're talking about tyres. Get the very best tyres you can afford. I had Toyo T1-R's on mine and they were woeful!! I'm 99% sure they were the reason I hated the car for the entire 10 months I had it.

Yea quotes aren't too bad to be honest, only 22 but 6 years ncb with admiral bonus accelerator has helped lol looking around £1000-1100 which in my current position is pretty good.

There is only me and my other half and she has a little C1 (soon to be KA) that I'm insured on so the S2k wouldn't be a daily driver....I lie...to begin with it probably will :D but we have no children etc so 2 seats isn't an issue, I didn't think about the hardtop but great idea as the car is outside all year round. Although it isn't a big issue is there much difference in mpg between the EP3 and S2000? I'm averaging 32mpg mixed driving at the moment. I've read, on here I think, that the S2000 service points are every 9k instead of 12k for the EP3 is this correct?

Worst case scenario...is it a pricey fix?
Hi,
If you need any further insurance quotes please feel free to give us a try.
Regards,
Dan.

Back