• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How hard to retrofit this HONDA SAT NAV double din

Manged to get hold of the seller for the code.
However the satnav isnt working .
It has done the initial gps update succesfully where it said not to move the car for 10 minutes .
it just seems to be stuck in the same location even if i move the car.it wouldnt give me directions either.
can someone confirm which slot of the two plugs behind the clocks should i connect to?(green plug or blue plug? Which slot?)
whats the purpose of the single wire that connects to the fusebox
thanks
fa33y

I fitted mine as per the instructions and it just worked.

The instructions tell you which plug the wire goes to. I assumed it was the luminous meter one since the clocks light up. So blue connector.

The fuse wire is to power some additional circuits in the unit the OEM one doesn't have.

I'd read through the instructions again and make sure you've done it properly.

Just a word to the wise though, these units did have a history of failing. That's not a problem if you've got a reconditioned unit and the fault was normally that the unit didn't read the map disc. Yours sounds like it isn't reading the car is moving, i.e. it's not reading the speed inputs from the back of the clocks.

So there should be 2 wires connecting to the back of the clocks?
i just dont understand because the loom has only 1 wire that goes behind the clocks.
the satnav unit does light up when i turn the parking lights on.
which is the speed input wire?

No, one wire to the back of the clocks, blue connector. That's the one that's the speed input.

It's all on the instructions bud, you're not reading them.

Under instructions 20 it says:
connect blue/white wire of the dvd avn harness(which i have) to the blue white wire of the 22pin connector of the meter harness. On the blue plug there is no white/blue wire to connect to.
under diagram 20 it shows 2 plugs. I assume the one on the left is the green one while the one on the right is the blue one.
Ignoring the green one, it also shows that the wire should be connected in the 3rd slot of the blue plug?
sorry Loxy.
dont mean to **** you off. You have done this before and you are my only hope :(

So ignoring the wire on the nav loom, and just looking on the blue plug behind the clocks, where is the blue/white wire?

It should be on the third from the left on the top of the blue plug. Top is the bit with the locating notch on.

I fitted it to a facelift and it was there.

Auto electrician time for you then if the wires are different colours fella.

surely my car cant be the only one with different wiring.
Cluster works as it should, showing the speed.
Satnav wont even show the location while stationary.
would i be able to pick up the same wire from a different place? like an ecu?
I think I should have bought an aftermarket HU :lol:

I can't see it being a different loom in all honesty fella. Not unless it's been fettled with in the past.

What colour is in the third from the left on the top of the blue plug and the fifth on the green plug? Top being the bit with the locator notch on it.

The nav works on a combination of location on the GPS, input from the vehicle speed and gyros inside the unit. If it is not reading a speed it's probably not getting that you have moved from the GPS, or not looking to check if you've moved.

Is the locator notch the same side as the little tab that needs to be pressed in order to release the plug?

I'm pretty sure it is yes. The bottom has a hole that is blanked off in the middle. If you've got it in front of you take a pic.

null-3.jpg

null-2.jpg

null-1.jpg

null.jpg

Back