• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Premier cosmic EP3 Turbo, running

Update

Bought a used cam cover to have a go at painting one myself, a VHT paint kit is only £25 so thought why not. May not come out with the finish of a pro but fancied having a crack :lol:

End result, was going for a sort of cherry colour similar to R34 skyline has. My painting skills weren't great but shouldn't look to bad on the car :cool:

Purchased a merge collector of a fabricator to speed things up

Intake manifold has been fitted up and looks great in the matt black. Bought Genuine Honda gaskets all round for it

Valve peek :lol:

Re-routed the fuel line, heater pipes, brake booster and EVAP. Have also fitted a big heat insulating mat to keep them from turning to a charred mess.

Forgot to take a good picture of the heater pipes at the end but got this to show anyone doing the same. Can also see the fuel line there to which is the black nylon braided hose.

Next i roped my buddy in to weld some more bits for me, had the BOV flange welded on and go him to do me some extra brackets at the bottom of the intercooler for extra support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Wheels have been refurbished by Inspraytion in Kent, amazing turnaround think it was less than 24hrs :lol:
Also has the AD08R's fitted in 215/45/17

Also changed brakes all round, managed to source a really good condition Stoptech 328mm big brake kit with DS2500's.Replaced rear discs for godspeed ones. Made a bit of a mistake ordering the 'j' hooked ones as i purchased them before the stoptechs as i was planning on a new AP racing kit at the time. Also fitted some new Brembo pads at the rear and a fluid change all round with some RBF 600.

Manifold has been tacked up and test fitted. There was good clearance just needs fully welding and a down pipe + screamer made. Have made some small changes to manifold since so final piece will look slightly different.

Boost gauge plumbed in

Hoping to be completed and started in the next few weeks as i have alot more free time so i ll update this more frequently :cool:

Update
- Manifold fully welded
- Downpipes tacked and bpipe adapted to vband fitting
- Boost solenoid pipes routed
- Hi/Lo Boost switch fitted
- More heat protection added
- Oil line fitted
- Boost pipes bead rolled

[/url

Update

Car is now running!:p

Have completed loads of work so hard for me to add it all but ill will try and list a few bits here and let the pictures do more of the talking ;)

- Kpro v4 (traded k100)
- All pipes and hardware fitted
- AEM 320lph fuel pump fitted
- ID1000 injectors installed
- Base map uploaded
- Skunk 2 lca installed

Lots of service bits have also been renewed

- New oil + HAMP shortie filter
- Genuine Honda MTF
- Genuine Honda fuel filter
- Genuine Honda Type 2 coolant
- New pollen filter
- NGK BKR9EIX

Most likely a load of other stuff aswell but i cant remember :lol:

Car is currently running on a base map and limited to 5k rpm. It is being fully tuned at the start of Augudt do just a waiting game till then

Screamer pipe :twisted:

Epic thread, can't believe I haven't came across this already.

Would love to DIY turbo a car, amazing job.

Wow, that has come on a long way since i saw it on that cold New Years Eve day to collect the wheels. Well done Sir!

Looks awesome dude - how are you getting on with the screamer pipe? I've just turbo'd my EP3 and the wastegate bolts keep coming undone.. this is making me want to just scrap the dump pipe into the downpipe and screamer pipe it after seeing yours lol! I'm just afraid of the MOT is all!

thanks for all the comments gents

painful slow wait for my mapping so cant really tell you anything about car or screamer. Think the screamer is going to cause me problems on the track unfortunetly but will see

Hello mate. What happened with this build? Just read it start to finish! Looked epic.

Hi :)

Thanks for the kind words! Had this car 7 years now haha. I still have her. Have bought a E92 M3 recently so dont really use the Civic anymore :(

Think it will be for sale very soon

Back