• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Premier cosmic EP3 Turbo, running

hi i am normally on ctro forum but thought id post my build so far on here too

its not really up to date but i have loads of pics to upload so im just going to wait as i have a lot of stuff planned september

Should have a

carbon mugen spoiler

mfactory helical lsd

exedy stage1

and much more

Ive just copied and pasted this all of ctro so the presentation might not be great:p:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello I picked up my CTR bone stock in may 2012 and have loved every moment of it. I have big plans for it as i im probably gonna keep it for quite a while. As i said it was completely stock when i got it so i have done all mods and fitted almost everything myself so i think i saved a few quid there which is always nice. Decided to track it a few months down the line so i stopped spending huge lumps of money on power mods and instead going to put it towards the suspension and drivetrain :smile:
Spec:

Engine
-Hondata K100 231.7 hp, 179lbft, mapped by Romain
-Tegiwa M induction & scuttle tidy
-SFS Black hose
-Tegiwa catback
-DC sports race manifold
-Energy Suspension engine mount inserts
-Honda OEM oil filter
-Fuchs 5w40 Titan pro s oil
-Clockwise motion baffled sump
-Skunk 2 magnetic drain plug

Drivetrain
-Skunk 2 weighted gear knob
-Powerflex gearbox mount insert
-Tegiwa short shifter
-Tegiwa shifter bushes

Suspension & Handling
-Eibach/ABP sportline 30 mm springs
-Eibach SPC camber arms
-Eibach camber bolt adjusters
-TDI South FRSU
-JDM rear arb
-Goodyear Eagle f1's 215/45/17
-Buddyclub Roll center adjuster
-Superpro Castor increase kit

Brakes
-Tegiwa brake stopper
-Goodridge brake lines
-Cosworth trackmaster front pads
-Castrol super dot 4 fluid
-Coswoth streetmaster rear pads

Exterior
-JDM Wind deflectors
-JDM door sills
-Bosch aero blades
-Tegiwa socks
-HID 6000K

Interior
-OMP harnesses
-Tegiwa harness bar
-Interior light upgrades
-Audio upgrades
-Broadway 270 mm mirror

Plans
Mugen style spoiler
Trackdays
Lsd

After a good clean :-D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Brake stopper (if you dont have it get it only £30) :bigthumb:

Will update with pics when fitting the DC sports catback when it bloody arrives :cool:
Cancelled with funkypower took too long..........Chris at ABP motorsport sorted me out at a excellent price too £70 cheaper for catback so i couldnt resist and bought some more goodies :-D :-D
GOING TO HAVE LOTS OF FUN FITTING ALL THIS

Will upload before after pics hopefully tomorrow when i go to the garage my dad works at and fit it all with him :cooldude:

I manged to fit all camber arms bolts and springs so took a trip down to TDI-South today and got them to do the FRSU.....handles like a dream also had them to fit the Engine mount inserts (both ) it is a GREAT improvement...it does vibrate a little bit but the gains justify it, it makes the gear changes so much smoother and apparently the vibration totally dissapears after a while [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] (can anyone confirm this btw???)
Before

After

just a few parts i have now collected

Got this DC header od Cosmic-Dan of forums and picked up from him at tdi-s [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Good flexi :-D

Thought i should clear some space so i started to get everything i had in boxes cleared :-D Will be fitting DC header next with k100.
H.I.D first as one of the bulbs blew anyway :smile:

Tegiwa Short shifter + bushes

ht

[B]JDM rear anti roll bar [/B].....it is quite a lot heavier and thicker i have taken pictures the best i can to show a comparison for anyone interested
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img24/2960/imag0712o.jpg

[URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/imag0723j.jpg/"]

Braided lines and Cosworth pads

Have given the car a full detail and the paint now feels incredibly smooth :lol: i used the following in below pic took me quite a while but it was worth it.
imag0756e.jpg

imag0768c.jpg

imag0770h.jpg

Have also purchased a scuttle tidy as my previous bodge wasnt up to standard :lol:
Great product thanks to dent-remover for that one

imag0763j.jpg

To finish it off i purchased a weighted skunk 2 knob of ctr-lib
It is really great a top mod.... worth every penny

20121128192421.jpg

In preparation for the remap i have just order some new sparks and will be doing valve clearances before fitting dc header and going to eurospec

Remap tomorrow :WOOT
So I Fitted Dc sports header and new sparks myself and got CPL to do my valve clearances :smile:

Hi got my Ep3 mapped at Eurospec 2000 today with a K100
I would like to thank Romain for a good job and being very friendly.
Ben and romain said the cars engine was very good as on the first runs just to see how much it was running without mapping it came up to 209 hp, they said that this is normally what rbc come up with.....so i was pleased about that :smile:
I had it mapped to Dc header +catback and teg m
What you think ?

Little update....now i have had the car mapped i wanted to start making the car look nicer. since i have bought it the exterior has stayed fairly OEM. In order to spruce it up a bit ive gone and bought the following and a few extra stuff

JDM wind deflectors-Love these
JDM door sills
Carbon wrap for the bonnet- havent done it yet though
Buddyclub RCA- they were at a great price wont be fitted for a while though

Buddyclub RCA's
dsc00659q.jpg

Next up was the JDM door sills of a forum member who makes them on here
Was really pleased with these for the cost and look nice imo

JDM door sills

dsc00644o.jpg

JDM Wind deflectors and a few random shots
I really love these deflectors and think they look so much better than the heko ones :wink:

Before deflectors

After deflectors
dsc00678bu.jpg

Couple Random shots in a car park :smile:

dsc00686eq.jpg

Seeing as the JDM deflectors put a nice smile on my face im planning on getting some more exterior mods, looking at getting a Mugen rep wing and wrapping the hood.

Will also be looking for something to stiffen up the egine as after the map i feel the es insert arent enough and thinking of options such as the powerflex gearbox mount and maybe the ETD
opinions needed :wave:

Oulton park next month :yippee:
Anyway some new parts have been ordered so i thought id stick some pics up :smile:
Got a week off coming soon so am gonna try get most of it fitted then
Eagle F1's for the front

Went for a powerflex gearbox mount to stiffen things up a bit
and thanks to dan4578 for the baffled sump [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Got my Eagle f1's fitted really good tyre very quiet and superb grip was worried about how 215/45 would look on oem wheels but it looks nice still :thumbup:
Also got a gearbox mount which i fitted yesterday and carbon wrap which was done today with the help of some friends
Fitting the mount insert was quite straight foward. Needed to remove the battery tray to get to the last bolt. Theres 4 screws for the battery tray and then some sort of sealant so i used a heatgun to ease it of :smile:

dsc00762a.jpg

Mount removed

Gave it a quick clean and came up a treat with some wd40
dsc00769zn.jpg

Fitted
dsc00771sd.jpg

All back together

dsc00775zr.jpg

Eagle f1's in 215/45/17
dsc00779qz.jpg

i know many wont like the carbon wrap but its not forever will look into getting a mugen style one soon
dsc00783l.jpg

dsc00784bj.jpg

dsc00785hv.jpg

dsc00787kw.jpg

Next on my joblist is to fit
Buddyclub RCA's
Superpro castor increase bushes/Cpl spherical bearings
Baffle sump insert :thumbup:

Oulton park pics

Was my first trackday and was pretty nervous but gained confidence through the day and had a lot of fun will definetly be doing more and has inspired me to do loads more handling mods.
Plans include

Baffled sump
Quieter catback for Bedford Autodrome
Super pro Castor increase bushes and
Buddyclub Roll center adjusters

Hopefully will be doing Bedford on June 1st :wink:

xsp0287.jpg

xsp0696.jpg

xsp0321.jpg

Got a passenger ride in EPGhosts car and can truthfully say that his and mine were night and day in the corners, really nice car :wink:
dsc00826pt.jpg

Was pleased to see that on a motorway journey the car managed to do 200 miles on just 20 liters worked out as 45 MPG :yippee:
dsc00808cd.jpg

Found this chunk of rubber which must of burned of the eagle f1's left home with 9mm came back with 8/7 mm :lol:

dsc00846i.jpg

Update Time

Got so many parts that need fitting under my bed which includes

Cosworth streetmaster rear pads
Super pro Castor increase kit
Buddyclub Roll center adjusters
Baffled sump, Skunk 2 drain plugs, Honda filter and Fuchs 5w40 going to get TGM sport to do this for me however

As said above im looking to go more tracks which is also why i have ordered a Tegiwa catback too
Also took advantage of Opie oils Easter deal and ordered some RBF 600 as well as the fuchs. :bigthumb:
Got a feeling i may of boiled the fluid as the brakes just never felt as good as they used too after oulton :scratch:

Bit of everything
dsc00890f.jpg

Skunk 2 Drain plugs, Honda OEM filter
dsc00796d.jpg

SFS hose

Super Pro Castor Increase kit
dsc00832oq.jpg

Cosworth Streetmaster rear pads
Got theses for a cracking deal on sumo power for £54
dsc00843u.jpg

dsc00842yr.jpg

Also gave the engine bay a clean after a drive on the motorway with snow and rain

dsc00876v.jpg

dsc00878qf.jpg

dsc00880e.jpg

dsc00881ua.jpg

Also tried a bit of tyre shine never usually like this stuff but i think its ok :lol:

dsc00873gm.jpg

dsc00874mt.jpg

dsc00875wm.jpg

Going to book with TGM for next week hopefully to fit sump now and then get a wriggle on with doing the Rca and bushes myself
Not sure if the rbf 600 is needed as its quite recent that i changed the fluid but the brakes just dont seem as good if anyone can shed some light on this for me please do
comments welcome :smile:

Tegiwa Catback
dsc00899tz.jpg

dsc00910p.jpg

dsc00912xj.jpg

dsc00897me.jpg

B pipe clearance

dsc00907b.jpg

dsc00908x.jpg

dsc00909co.jpg

Really like the system very quiet but gets better when your higher up the revline.
However i do hope it will get slightly louder
Quite easy to fit too as its in 2 pieces rather than 3, not sure whether ill need a tweak now though ??

Cars booked in with TGM to do the baffled sump on the 23rd
will be my first time using them so should be interesting but i know there highly recommended :smile:

managed to use a lift when my dad werent busy so heres some more exhaust pics

20130408172037.jpg

20130408172045.jpg

20130408172114.jpg

20130408172126.jpg

20130408172105.jpg

Also fitted some new drop links at the front to make things a little smoother for when i come to do the ball joints and bushes

Had to beat the crap out the old ones to get them off :lol:

Update

Another long detail just before mimms was required so a few things were ordered :smile:

Clockwise Baffled Sump Insert with Honda filter, Skunk 2 plug and Fuchs Titan Race

i decided not to do this out of fear of it leaking so had TGM Sport do it so thank you to them :wink:
Nothing really to see but i took a snap anyway wile doing other work

Honda OEM Filter

The heatwrap was halfway through being removed. I had to do this in 2 parts cause it made me so itchy :-x

Buddyclub Roll center adjuster

dsc00977ir.jpg

dsc00982d.jpg

Hi, little update i have had the car geo reset up front and had a track day at Brands Hatch. Originally it was a 20 min taster session that I booked, however on the day the weather was so good i rang to see if i could get onto the evening session and i did :WOOT

The day was excellent couldn't of asked for better weather and it was very nice track
However towards the end of track time i found that my rear brake pads had nothing left....i nursed the car home and changed them to coswoth street masters
I also changed the front to Cosworth trackmasters prior to going brands which I can report are savage after they have warmed up. :lol:

201306011533121.jpg

sp77600.jpg

sp77615.jpg

sp77658.jpg

201306041620491.jpg

201306041621101.jpg

201306041621541.jpg

The car was great but after a while i started to hit the limits of grip with the road tyres
Ive bought a used set of Yokohama A048 semi slicks but need to find another and a set of wheels to put them on
most probabaly will be sticking the slicks on oem wheels and buy some rotas.
Will also be looking to sell springs and get the new meisters which seem to be quite appealing atm
Thanks for reading :thumbup:

Nice! where about's in london are you? im SE.

Do you remember what db reading you got with your exhaust set up at brands hatch?

Nice motor. I was expecting stickerbombs, tinted lights and rim tape when I read 'CTRO' but fair play... You've kept yours tastefull :)

Thanks for comments guys it nice when people appreciate what youve done :D

As for brands ive been twice

Dc catback, dc header 5500 rpm.....100db
Tegiwa catback, dc header 6000 rpm.....94db

Im in catford area se london what about you?

Should have a update soon ive done a fair bit but imageshack is a pain to upload pictures with and theres a few.

Juat took my front bumper and splash cover off just to gwt better look at subframe but im tempted to get started and just remove the gearbox :p

Lsd time !! :)

Next was too fit the Superpro Castor increase kit and Buddyclub roll center adjusters. Taking the parts off was fairly simple but removing the bushes and old balljoints was another story :bumsmack: .
dsc00947np.jpg

Pads seemed to be a little crumbl around the edges

One of the problems i had was splitting the ball joint from the arms. None of my othe splitters seemed to work so i had to go buy another. Was very shocked at how married the pair were when it did eventually pop it came flying off and gave my frien and i a shock
dsc00965nn.jpg

Removed all rust and decided to paint the lower arms. I originally planned on powdercoating them gold or silver nut the powdercoaters i asked wanted somethinh close to £100 so i just painted instead.

Superpro Castor bushes

Finished

Need to go TGM now for the geometry to be looked at will post up the report when its done

I have also booked Brands hatch taster session on 4th June to give it a little test :thumbup:
thanks for looking :smile:

Thanks for comments guys it nice when people appreciate what youve done :D

As for brands ive been twice

Dc catback, dc header 5500 rpm.....100db
Tegiwa catback, dc header 6000 rpm.....94db

Im in catford area se london what about you?

Should have a update soon ive done a fair bit but imageshack is a pain to upload pictures with and theres a few.

Juat took my front bumper and splash cover off just to gwt better look at subframe but im tempted to get started and just remove the gearbox :p

Lsd time !! :)

Bromley! you have done alot of work yourself?

Bromley! you have done alot of work yourself?

Wow im surprised ive not seen you before im always in Bromley

Yeah I do almost everything myself.....wouldn't of been able to fork out for all these parts and labour lol
I think the only thing I didn't do was baffled sump and obviously mapping and geometry

Would be nice to see your car around soon :)

Been a while since i updated this and imageshack takes forever to upload so it might seem rushed.
Ive done a fair few things since the last update but ill post up about that when im finished.

First up i bought a Broadway mirror of a member on here for not to much and it really helps with day to day driving :cool:

Broadway 270mm

Heres a few random shots with a friends car ep3 jrsc

Next i machine polished my headlights caude they looked awful

A048
Managed to snap up some a pair of advan a048 track tyres, still need to find another pair though.
Plan is to get rotas and use oem wheels for track.
A048 225/45/17

RBF 600
Next i changed the castrol brake fluid to rbf 600
i also swapped over my track pads for street ones and greased up some of the nuts and bolts

RBF 600

Also went mimms ladt month however it went down hill when a friends 350z's clutch failed

It was also my first drive of the fn2, ill admit the interior is to die for but ill still stick with my ep3 for driving

Now ive benn after a carbon mugen spoiler for ages.
I bought one of here and it was horrible and had to sell it the seller lied about condition and wouldnt refund it

i found another company and bought a brand new one which looked spot on however there was a small fitement problem however he accepted return and is going to sort out a new one for me :wink:

Last but not least i now have Hybrid racing shiter bushes

This is right up there in my favourite mods and i manged to get it about £20 cheaper from eBay usa

Ive had the solid shiter bushes for about 9 months and the gears were always so stiff to get in. At the time of fitting them i was shocked but i couldnt do anything about it unfortunately as i had to ruin my oem bushes to get them in and didnt know of any other bushings.

however when at mimms my friend with the fn2 (previously had ep3) commented on the shift roughness and so i just took the plunge with hybrid racing ones noth sure whether it would work or not

I strongly recommend people to buy hybrid racing ones and not the alloy shifter bushes they are worth the extra money :!:

Hybrid Racing

Hybrid racing

Back