• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

clutch wont bleed !! help

Hi I was changing the clutch fluid on my ep3 and by accident I let some air back into the system.

I was using a one man bleeding kit with a valve in the tube so air cant get back in. However when I was pumping it fell of the bleed nipple.

Anyway now I have no clutch pedal. No pressure at all just goes straight to floor unless I pull it back up.

I suspected that I may have damaged the seals on the master cylinder and so replaced it with a used one of integrastella of ebay. I then bled it again but still no change the slave and master don't have any leaks and no air comes out of the slave when bleeding it just trickles out fluid when opened.

Please help !

Try getting a electric pressure bleeder. Itll run off the car battery and suck it through itself.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I was reading a thread on herr the other day as ive got the same problem. Basically he used the tube out of the washer bottle, attatched it through the lid of a milk bottle, in which he put about an inch of clutch fluid to keep the base of tube submerged. The other end of the tube onto the bleed nipple. A couple of holes made in the handle of the bottle over which he put a hoover end to create a vacuum insidr the bottle. Open the bleed nipple and the fluid is pulled through along with any air. Just remember to keep the little resevoir topped up or you are back to square one!

Haha A for effort but that'd only truely work with a small milk bottle and making it air tight. Definitely worth a try ***. If y9ur flgonna try that working the pedal at the same time could help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Back