• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Locking wheel nuts

I just bought a fn2 type r on the weekend and there is one locking wheel nut on the front wheel but there is no key :( Called previous owners and no one has it but I do have a code and an empty Honda packet that I found wedged in the boot.

So my question is does anyone know if a Honda garage will take this off for me or is there anywhere I can get it taken off? I know a new set will cost me £50 plus and I did hear that someone can pull it off but it may damage the wheels but I do plan on getting a full refurb in the near future. The car I bought is a bit rough cosmetically so every penny I save will be going into the car and that's why I'm being a cheap skate ;)

Take that packet down to your local Honda stealership and a new locking wheel nut key is £8.75 or something. Lost mine a while back, but it turned up the other day.

My dealership initially said they wanted to charge me for the time it took a grunt to test the 20 different keys they had but they didnt charge me in the end. They shouldnt charge you anything for that tbh.

Edit: unless your worried the previous owner is lying and is going to come and nick your alloys (are they 19 inch rages??). If so, peace of mind says get a new set. Any tyre place should be able to do that I believe.

Much appreciated Foistaz :) They are the 18'' ones so not the rage but the guy lives 3 and half hours away and the car was probably the dirtiest car I've ever bought so being that lazy he would never drive to Wales for a set of wheels. I will be get them refurbed and painted in the next few weeks as they are looking rough so will definitely need the key for that. Will be going over to the dealership later on so will post back what they say.

Back