• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Finally at TGM!

So after over a year of threatening to take the DC5 to TGM, the day finally arrived yesterday! (Thanks to a ride in Dotty's DC5 to give me the kick I needed to get this done!) Unfortunately, due to work commitments, the long-haired-admiral is doing the dropping off and collecting do I don't get to see the facilities. Nevertheless excitement is high! VTEC service, correction of the faulty speedo converter (bouncing around in and near VTEC), fitting and mapping a K100 and finally an MOT.

Having had the Mrs drop the car off Monday afternoon I get a very helpful phone call from the guys, as they went to do the VTEC service they have discovered that two of the engine mounts have snapped! Besides the massive cost implications I am grateful it hasn't dropped out when driving! Have opted for a stiffening up on the front mount, as was recommended, and an extra slap will be added to an already high bill!

Anyway I thought a quick thread about this was in order as I am rather excited! Updates will follow and I can't wait to have a drive this weekend!

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the difference from unmapped to now having the K100.

Tom at the guys/gals at TGM will look after you for sure.

The initial reports from the Mrs are good! She sent me a picture of the re-map print out. Max power from 193 - 213 at the flywheel. A little upset it was only producing 193 when it went on there! Is the quoted standard 220hp figure based on the flywheel or the wheels?

Apparently it is much nicer to drive now as well. Looks like it may be a week tomorrow before I get my hands on it again as Christie has ditched me to go kiting in France! I'll get a copy of the re-map up on here and a further write up when I get a drive of the monster.

220ps is 217bhp and that's on the jungle juice the Japs have. I wouldn't be overly hung up on figures, it's how it drives that matters. Eurospecs dyno is known for giving realistic figures.

She drives wonderfully! A combination of things (mostly having to drive a horrible Renault Megane for a week) have probably made it feel even better than it is. Having the front engine mounts stiffened up as well as having the failed mounts replaced has made the car feel much more responsive, I can really tell the difference.

The re-map has definitely smoothed out the power and torque curves giving a much nicer feel to the delivery. The VTEC now kicks in at 5500rpm but still has a definite change in engine tone and power. The guys said that to see a real difference I would need to have the intake and exhaust done but as this would have require forking out at least another £1000 I am happy with the result I have got.

I was hoping for an increase in fuel efficiency as well but so far haven't seen that from the ScanGauge. Overall a great service from the guys at TGM, I just wish I could have gone there myself!

Back