• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic EM2

joined the forum not long ago, so here's my car. not a type r but soon to have a fair few type r parts :p
rate and hate :)

got the car cheep because it had not tax or test and the head was on its way out apparently.
plus the body work isnt the best. but will be sorted at some point.

didnt mess about buying parts, one the car got moted and taxed, only needed bulbs for the mot too :)

this filter was soon changed lol

filter changed for this, bad picture. but it looks tones better!

bought some sexy rota's for it, but this was before i bought the ep3 donor. so these are now up for sale as i will be putting the ep3 hubs and wheels on mine.

4x100 et45 7.5j 17"

bought these before the ep3 was bought two, but these were in better nick than the ones the car came with.
also bought a double din unit, doubt i will ever go back to a single din unit now :p and the ep3 steering wheel

in the car:

and this is the donor car, bought it cheep as it had a bump on the drivers side. damaged wing, front bumper and drivers headlight. didnt set the air bag off too witch is good haha. car came with cheep coilovers, stainless back box and enkei split rims.

and now the engine is out its time to get some parts together. timing chain, water pump clutch ect... give it a good clean and a lick of paint, remove the air con and go from there. ive also got the hasport mounts i need, but the guy i bought them off thought the rubbers in the mounts were fine, no movement ectt witch is not the case as partyvan saw when he was last at mine. so ive had to buy new rubbers for the mounts, so im still waiting on those to be delivered.

apart from the tow hook and ebay exhaust thats pretty much it so far

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Always had a soft spot for the Civic coupe (despite the ex-wife having owned one), the K20 should give it the go it's sorely missing.

the power in this isnt too bad, fast enough sort of. but yeah, it should be a totally different car once its in.
started cleaning the block today, still loads to do.

Wow, never seen one of them before, cool project good luck with it and keep us updated :cool:.

You got a good project going good luck have you still got ep3 was there much left inside I'm after a type r gear knob?

Not much, but ive got the new bushes for my engine mounts, and ive spent some time cleaning the k20. It must of had a pretty bad oil leak for sometime ...

When I stripped the back our I remembered the rear speaker's didnt work, so ive bought some new rear speakers and ill get some dronts soon too. Ive also bought an rbc for the k20 :D

got some different wheels for when the hub conversion is done.

Super Advan SA3'S 17" et 35 8j 5x114.3

should look good once there refurbished :)

its been one of those days to day. cleaned the car as it hasnt been done in ages. parked up came back about half an hour or so later. and a cat had been all over it, with muddy paws! that ****ed me off more than hitting the post at the shop today and wreaking my boot lid and rear lights.
gutted, but it could of been worse.

not too bad the passenger light, just cracked

last week i had a trip to Birmingham to a guy who was breaking one of these with a few goodies on it. so i came home with a splitter and rear window spoiler witch i love!

Started painting the k20, its got a couple of coats of sliver on. May go over it one more time depending how it looks when its dry. Just need to make a start on the gearbox

since the engine has been painted i've started painting a few other bits.
i took the epas off the ep3 so i've cleaned it and started painting that.

still needs another coat but it looks much better!

found some rear lights i liked, had them for a few weeks now, only got round to trial fitting one just now.
must say i really like them, glad i bought them

Back