• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

VIN Number Location Help

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and going to hopefully be swapping my car for a FN2 Civic Type R GT.

I've read the buying guide and also searched the forums but I'm wondering if anyone knows how and where I can find either pictures or a guide on where to locate all VIN numbers on the car. I know there is one in the window but I just want to check them all so that I can have some reassurance I'm not swapping my genuine car for something that's dodgy or stolen.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks for reading.

Window one is the hardest to swap as it would be a window or dash out job.

There will be a plate in the engine bay near to the passenger side top mount that will have the same VIN on it.

Thanks a lot, don't suppose you know where the engine code is as well do you? is it the left hand side of the engine next to the alternator?

Is this the only way i can check if its a clone car/stolen? other than A HPI check?

Thanks for your time mate, its appreciated.

There's also another plate on the door shut me take passenger door.

From memory I think it's on the side of the block near the head as you look at it over the airbox. I might be wrong though.

If all three VIN plates match the VIN on the V5 and HPI comes back clear with the same details and the mileage tallies up with an MOT check then that's about all you can do.

Excellent, thanks a lot. Don't suppose you know of anywhere that I can get some picture of the location of the VIN numbers, I've done a HPI check and its come back all clear, nothing at all wrong with the car so seems all legit, just want to check the VIN numbers and I've covered all bases like you said. The guy seems genuine so I think I'm just being a bit too over cautious lol.

Just to let you know all went well and your help was appreciated, brought the car and it's now sitting nicely on the driveway :)

Back