• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ted's track day EP3

It's just the rubber nipple. I've used clips and jubilees to clamp the rubber nipple, but 4 times the rubber nipple has perished. I'm just removing any possibility of it leaking by blocking it off properly.

Perfect, thanks mate I'll braze it up then I think. Good luck with the threading it and bolting it up.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread but does anyone have any information on the Wilwood Dynalite front callipers.

I am looking for a brake upgrade and these could be an option.

I've scoured this forum for quite some time now and taken alot of good hints and tips away. So I guess it's time I actually make a contribution instead of being some kind of seedy voyeur!

Now unfortunately I've already done a good 75% of my cars build and being lost in the moment has led me to not have alot of pictures during the building phase. But I'll show you what I have and try and keep this up to date as much as I can :thumbup:

Here he is good old Cyril Civic in a near current state.

The current spec list is as follows :

Engine

Tegiwa carbon air box
Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold
Toda centre pipe
Toda dolphin tip back box
M2 intake manifold
Skunk2 fuel rail
Hondata K100 (217BHP mapped at Eurospec)
Thermal block gasket
Thermal Tb gasket
16 row Mocal oil cooler
Baffled sump
Magnetic drainPlug

Drivetrain

KAAZ 1.5 way diff
Carbontech syncros
King Motorsport 5.84 final drive
Fidanza lightweight flywheel
Solid shifter bushes
short shifter bracket

Suspension

HSD coilovers
Skunk2 rear lower arms
Skunk2 rear camber arms
Superpro full bush kit with added front castor increase
Energy suspension engine mount inserts
Powerflex gearbox insert
Steering rack riser bracket
Subframe locking collars
JDM rear anti roll bar
JDM front anti roll bar
Tegiwa front strut brace
Custom cages 6 point MSA spec weld in cage

Braking

ABS Removed
Wilwood Dynalite front callipers
Wilwood Front grooved discs
Ferodo DS3000 pads front pads
Ferodo DS2500 Rear brake pads
Powerslot grooved rear discs
HEL braided hoses throughout car w/Tilton bias valve
RBF600 brake fluid

Interior/Bodywork

Recaro SP-G Carbon kevlar race seat
Corbeau pro series race seat
TRS HANS 5 point harness
Lexan windows sides and rear
Blackworks gold weighted shifter
Personal Grinta steering wheel
MotoCorsa snap off steering boss
Defi water/oil temp/pressure gauges
Odyssey race battery with dash mounted cut off
Side skirts removed
Rear bumper half cut
Front bumper trimmed down and thinned where possible.

Wheels

Rota Slipstream 7x16
Toyo R888 215/50/16- 225/55/16 (staggered) (DRY)
Toyo R1R 225/55/16 (WET)

Jobs still to do

Create a mega front diffuser
Create a new rear diffuser

Forgot all about this!

What is it you want to know? They’re a good brake upgrade. The best part being the cost of pads are actually quite low. I was picking up Ferodo DS3000/DS1.11 for less than £80 more often than not.

310mm 2 part bolted discs gave good stopping power without crazy BBK costing. I thoroughly recommend them. The only thing that was a bit crap with them was the fact they’re American so the bleeding process could be painful due to their weird 2 way valves that needed a 1/4” (7mm) spanner and a thinner diameter tube compared to normal bleeding procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ted

Nice to see you're still around :)

great build and thread by the way.

I'd just like to know what the full setup is and cost if possible. Pad cost is cheaper than I currently pay to fit the standard caliper (£118 for a front set of DS2500)

I have been looking at other big brake kits. List below:

- Megane Brembo kit from freaky parts
- Honda 4 pot Red Pro Race 5 Brake kit from freaky parts

Forgot all about this!

What is it you want to know? They’re a good brake upgrade. The best part being the cost of pads are actually quite low. I was picking up Ferodo DS3000/DS1.11 for less than £80 more often than now.

310mm 2 part bolted discs gave good stopping power without crazy BBK costing. I thoroughly recommend them. The only thing that was a bit crap with them was the fact they’re American so the bleeding process could be painful due to their weird 2 way valves that needed a 1/4” (7mm) spanner and a thinner diameter tube compared to normal bleeding procedure.

The cars come on along way since I last updated this. ��

I don’t actually run these brakes anymore as I picked up a set of Stoptech ST40’s for a good price. I didn’t swap them out for any real reason other than ‘bigger is better’.

With the Wilwoods I think, personally they’re very underrated or maybe not even considered. They’re relatively low cost to buy. I think £160 a corner + mounting brackets for the calliper.

The Megane Brembos are always well reviewed and through Freaky pretty easy to get etc as I’m sure you’ve seen. There would be more faff with getting Wilwoods sorted as I’m unsure of who currently sells them as a full setup with discs etc. Especially the 2 part discs.

Another option is via Reyland, picking up the entry spec AP’s for just over £1k I think they are. Depends on your application really. I only use my car for racing and the Wilwoods can lock the car up more than easily (I don’t run ABS). I opted for the stop techs due to the 330 disc being better for heat dissapation.

I plan, in the future, to actually change again to the AP 5200R setup...that’s more of an economics thing though. As the stoptech disc replacements are mental money.

If it’s a road car you have, with occasional track days etc, I’d say any of the options you’ve highlighted will be more than fine. If you’re lucky enough to find somewhere that can source the Wilwoods, go for it. If not I’d take the Megane Brembos.

Mine is a weekend / track day car. I will be starting a thread for it soon.

Some amazing info here Ted. Thanks for sharing.

At £160 a corner that is great value. It almost seems too good to be true.
Do they use the original discs?

I spoke to Demon Tweaks a few months back about this kit but i was told they are not for the EP3: https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/wil...ivic-direct-replacement-4-pot-caliper-593709/

The cars come on along way since I last updated this. ��

I don’t actually run these brakes anymore as I picked up a set of Stoptech ST40’s for a good price. I didn’t swap them out for any real reason other than ‘bigger is better’.

With the Wilwoods I think, personally they’re very underrated or maybe not even considered. They’re relatively low cost to buy. I think £160 a corner + mounting brackets for the calliper.

The Megane Brembos are always well reviewed and through Freaky pretty easy to get etc as I’m sure you’ve seen. There would be more faff with getting Wilwoods sorted as I’m unsure of how currently sells them as a full setup with discs etc. Especially the 2 part discs.

Another option is via Reyland, picking up the entry spec AP’s for just over £1k I think they are. Depends on your application really. I only use my car for racing and the Wilwoods can lol the car up more than easily (I don’t run ABS). I opted for the stop techs due to the 330 disc being better for heat dissapation.

I plan, in the future, to actually change again to the AP 5200R setup...that’s more of an economics thing though. As the stoptech disc replacements are mental money.

If it’s a road car you have, with occasional track days etc, I’d say any of the options you’ve highlighted will be more than fine. If you’re lucky enough to find somewhere that can source the Wilwoods, go for it. If not I’d take the Megane Brembos.

They don’t use the original discs. They us a 309.7mm disc. Mine were 2 piece but I have seen them as one pieces before also.

That link you show isn’t the right type. It’s the forged one you’re looking for. It’s a smoother calliper in appearance. I did also, happen to buy some Wilwoods Midlites which were a chunkier calliper (and pad) but still used the 310mm disc. Sadly I haven’t got any part numbers I can offer you. But my friend actually bought my red Wilwood calliper off me so if you’re really stuck I could get pics.

I know Freaky deal in a lot of Wilwood stuff so might be worth tapping them up over DT. When I had to get new discs for my Wilwoods I had to get special order from America (via DT) which took a lot longer than I’d like really.

Thanks again for the detailed info Ted, very much appreciated.

I will probably go for one of the freaky parts options mainly for ease of part replacements, disc and pad choices.

I do like the sound of the bigger calliper over the standard size disc for the best of both worlds.

When was your last race in your car?

They don’t use the original discs. They us a 309.7mm disc. Mine were 2 piece but I have seen them as one pieces before also.

That link you show isn’t the right type. It’s the forged one you’re looking for. It’s a smoother calliper in appearance. I did also, happen to buy some Wilwoods Midlites which were a chunkier calliper (and pad) but still used the 310mm disc. Sadly I haven’t got any part numbers I can offer you. But my friend actually bought my red Wilwood calliper off me so if you’re really stuck I could get pics.

I know Freaky deal in a lot of Wilwood stuff so might be worth tapping them up over DT. When I had to get new discs for my Wilwoods I had to get special order from America (via DT) which took a lot longer than I’d like really.

Hopefully I've been some help to you. Brakes is certainly one of those places that can be minefield, but from what I've seen there's a lot of good quality options out there. I'd say even the Yellow Speed setup is a good option to look at also. If you're willing to venture to the £1k mark. PBS make pads for them which are well reviewed across the racing channels.

Certainly something to consider.

Sadly I haven't actually turned a wheel in anger since 2018. I destroyed my gear box at the 6 Hour Holly Birkett race and took a bit of a long winded backstep from driving. I manage the Army Race car team so have been concentrating on that whilst slow time rebuilding my entire car pretty much. its black now with Drag Cartel 2.2 cams a full ECUMaster rewire amongst a host of other things handling wise.

Should be getting mapped in a week or two and hopefully see around 260ish which puts me nicely to the top of my racing class which I found myself in the middle of in my previous setup. Much more competitive now.

Maybe I should update this page with the spec again when I get it back with the new pics...Losing the will to live trying to work out how to put pics on here again!

Back