• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Advice on CL7 Euro R before I buy!

Ken

Hi,

I've decided buy the CL7 Euro R however I have 2 major concerns...

The first is maintenance costs and availability of parts. I've no idea how much in common it has with the UK CL7 Accords which only were available up to the Type S but in the event replacement parts are required, do any of you know if these are going to dampen the experience of owning such a rare and good looking saloon? Ultimately I don't want to be in a position whereby a mechanic tells me a part is unavailable or it will cost a bomb to import and replace. Neither do I want to be faced with huge bills if there are any particular known catastrophic problems with Accords. It's a gamble with it costing about £4K more than the Type S but I hope it shares a lot in common with the UK CL7 Accords. It's getting on a bit at 11 years old but I do intend for it to be a long term car and tuning/modification project.

My second concern is the actual inspection itself. This is my first car I will buy. I previously drove an inherited car for a good number of years. What exactly should I be looking for when inspecting the Euro R. The basics as well as anything that needs special attention exclusive to the Accords would be greatly appreciated! In return I'll post photos of my purchase and of course join in the discussions within these forums!

Engine wise (and I think transmission) are shared with the DC5 so there is a larger second hand market there. Apart from the ECU which I think costs a fair bit.

There's at least one CL7 build thread around here which would be worthwhile looking at.

Are you looking at the one on Torque GT's website?

Thanks for the reply! Yep, Torque GT is the one. They do seem well recommended and respected. I'll check out the CL7 build threads.

things to look out for
1 aircon failing.
2 will need a new clutch at round 85k miles cost £500 ish

Last edited by a moderator:
Back