• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

Hazz

B16
Wanted this car since it came out, finally bought one. Jurgen at JM Imports sourced the car from Japan as a private sale. 101000km (63000miles) and totally standard other than an exhaust and a turbo timer. It came from Japan with some nasty 3 spoke wheels, these will be replaced with some refurbished OEM wheels prior to collection. It passes its MOT yesterday so now I'm just waiting for UK plates and my wheels to arrive. Not long to wait now...

A few pics before I collect:

A4155DF3-5716-491E-A6A2-399CCA98232A-2026-000002BE4F7594CC_zps8a2edfd3.jpg

F108D04D-DB11-4D9C-90A4-AB3EFDC17B52-2026-000002BE5501CE4F_zps866d82b2.jpg

6E20FFE2-51EE-4B8E-AD52-B23F4F16A2A2-2026-000002BE61D0E929_zpsc47f89a5.jpg

02234392-2A27-4BA5-AAF3-FD6723062C45-2026-000002BE59D15029_zpsb3081d20.jpg

r3343_zpsf1ca2af0.jpg

You lucky lucky man. How much £ in total if i may be so bold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Chap on our street has just swapped his Bugeye Scooby for a white R32. Noisy as feck in the morning! :lol:

You could have a nice one for the price of a DC5 Darren ;)

Don't tell me that!!:lol: tbh I'd like an R32 at the moment, a friend has got a superb looking N/A one. I didn't even know they did a skyline without a turbo lol

:lol: do it!!!

32s are commanding big money at the moment, really strong market on them. They're basically the same price or higher than equivalent spec late R33s.

Jurgen has a mint grey one at 10.5k IIRC and also a red one at 8k which looks very very clean indeed.

I was torn between the 32 and 33 to be honest, the evilness of the 33 just pips it for me though :)

Oh and engine wise you have the rb20 n/a, rb25det (2.5l) single turbo in the gts-t and the rb26dett (2.6 twin turbo) gtr. My personal opinion is that all non GTRs are BS fake skylines :lol: I know the gts-t is the one the drift kids all want though, owing to the RWD only set up.

Awesome looking car Hazz, how clean is it underneath?? :)

Glad you have already covered the wheels being changed over as they are shocking haha apart from them it looks fantastic though!!

Yeah the 32's have just become legal in the U.S so obviously the prices have all just shot up. I do like the 33, we followed a stunning one up to Rotor Stock a few years back, sounded evil. It was quite funny, he had scorch marks on the rear bumper and Lyns asked me why, she soon found out when he let off the throttle and a two foot long flame shot out of the exhaust:lol: And I know what you mean about the GTR being the "real" Skylines. I think because most people know the GTR's through things like Gran Turismo on the Playstation, they immediately associate Skylines with GTR, not realising there are a few different models. I'll try and find a decent pic of my mates 32 for you, it's got a real nice old school vibe to it.

So will this car be a grey import?? Therefore meaning really high insurance. Or is a grey import something else? I'm seriously considering an import for my next car.

I don't know much about imports to be honest... My insurance is £900 P/A though, I'm 27 with 7 years NCB. I was paying £600 on the EP3!!

Tax is £280 P/A also, I beleive this changes depending on how/who imported it.

Oh and I've also bought one of these:

ap-507-n001_small.jpg

Apexi Power Intake.

Because blow off valve.

Will look something like:

100_0106.jpg

R33 has always been my most favourite shape. It has aged very well. Nice car.

Love the picture with the piece of filth Insignia in the background. Displays how boring and dull cars are today (not that they are in the same league but anyhow...)

Excellent choice :)

Although I hear there is a GTR tax attached to parts when things go wrong or need to be replaced.

Cheers Ed :)

Yea some parts are a bit over the mark, there's a huge availability of aftermarket parts and the typical wear items are well covered... Water & oil pumps, coil packs and turbos are the main culprits.

Jurgen just sent me a load more pics so I'll put them up tomorrow, still no OEM wheels though. Going up to Newcastle to see it tomorrow, compression test and up on the ramps for an inspection from myself Saturday morning :)

Possibly might have it sometime next week :D

Nice Hazz, it looks lovely apart from the wheels.

What BHP is it running? Is it still 276 for factory standard?

Very nice R33 you have got there. I love the colour. Cannot wait to see it with different wheels on.

Nice Hazz, it looks lovely apart from the wheels.

What BHP is it running? Is it still 276 for factory standard?

Cheers Mark! One more in the Nissan brigade :lol:

Haha yea... "276"... Well it's got a Nismo 4" cat back, I'm told it'll be somewhere around 310bhp, possibly as high as 330!! They say generally they're 295-300bhp totally stock on GTROC. With my induction kit on... Who knows, 500? :lol:

How many miles have you put on the silvia now? Only the manifold issue so far?

Back