• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

I remember reading an article in some crappy car mag years back and it was a guy with a 33, it stuck in my mind when he said anything you want for a Skyline is a grand or more :lol:

It's around 40k now and yeah the gasket has been the only issue. *touchwood*

Still not got it fixed yet, I've got the gaskets (bought a set to refresh from the block to past the turbo) but need get £250 for the labour.

Tbh the car makes me lol but I can't wait for the dry weather so I can put the power down.

I remember reading an article in some crappy car mag years back and it was a guy with a 33, it stuck in my mind when he said anything you want for a Skyline is a grand or more :lol:

I have read/heard the same thing. BUT I'm talking 7+ years ago when an old friend had a white one. I swear the battery was in the boot and there was a really eggy smell.

They're certainly not as cheap as a civic!!

Compared to the other cars I was looking at though.... Audi S5 V8 and mk2 Boxster S, most of the parts are actually cheaper!

The big expense I can see, other than petrol, will be oil. 3k miles for an oil change :\ I'm seriously considering the 9 litre sump extension so I can do 5-6k miles between changes.

^11 litres?! Ouch lol

I went to JM this morning after stopping the night in newcastle... Drove up on some awesome roads through Alston which I highly recommend... The a686 IIRC.

I can report that the car is awesome :D stil got the :ghey: wheels on but otherwise full of win!

Compression was strong, between 172 and 180 psi on all cylinders. Drives really well, surprisingly tight and rattleless for an 18 year old car! Spotless underneath and the exhaust I thought was a no-name POS actually turns out to be Nismo :twisted: it also has the nismo bonnet lip and N1 bumper, nismo handbrake lever, nismo pedals and nismo carbon A pillar inserts, which is nice.

Collection possibly next weekend or during the following week :)

Bonus on all the Nismo gear H, I did think the front lip wasn't an OEM but couldn't find anything that matched, should have just looked for bloody Nismo :rolleyes::lol:

not really an update, I forgot I'd taken this picture...

4BB862EE-B081-4A8F-8CDF-1CF0C0E175AE-645-000000FB9C8D1C44_zps212bff93.jpg

This was on the way up to JM imports... At the end of every rainbow is a Nissan Skyline :lol:

:lol: true dat

I'd never seen the end of a rainbow before... Disappointed not to find a pot of gold and also no leprechaun in sight...

Also a little view of the epic A686, which I would have to say is probably the best driving road I've ever been on in England.

It's nearly time :twisted:

Wheels on:

Engine bay (OEM y0)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, I've been fiending to see it with these wheels on!

97.5%? :lol: lol wut?

I fear for my front splitter. I think I'll just take it off for general driving, it's never getting on my driveway or onto site past all the speed bumps.

It's kerbs!
Until you get used to parking in a space you'll hit the splitter. I've scraped mine but then Sam cracked it.

Need to get that repaired still.

I might just reverse everywhere to be safe :lol:

Thanks for all the kind comments :)

Andy... I might just cry on the 28th when the civic goes! You better remember I've got first dibs if you ever sell it!!

Back