• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

It's certainly the one that still sits most clearly in my memories. The basics are there, but if you want auto lights/wipers, voice activated massage telephone and all that shiz, look elsewhere.

Found him just sat there this morning, waiting...

asu7y7ez.jpg

Where you get this Loxy?

Finally got round to booking into Stevie at Grinspeed for a service, geo check, fitting the Kakimoto exhaust, Skunk2 intake and general condition and fluid check. Going on the 9th.

The day after, I'll be down at TDi-North for mapping.

I measured the tread on the AD08s tonight too and I've 5mm on the rear and 2.5mm on the front. I can only get hold of AD08Rs now, and I'm not too keen on the crazy offset of the Pro Race 1.2s that came on the car, being +45 on the rear and +30 on the front (yeah, exactly). So I've pretty much made up my mind that the OEM alloys will be going back on with some Asymmetric 2s.

I had thought of running a set of alloys with winters on as things get colder, but the impending need for something that will grip on the front in the short term may put paid to that idea.

When I swap the alloys over I think I'll put the two with +30 offset up for sale and buy another pair of +45 offset ones, then at least they'll match and I can rotate them. Then I guess I'll have to decide whether to put some winters on, or try an AD08 and AD08R mix.

I also got under the rear today and not unexpectedly, OEM rear arms.

IMAG2285.jpg

So a bit more expense in having to buy some Eibach/SPC arms at circa £260. I'd just missed out on a set on FD2-owners. I'll get them put on at Grinspeed.

Should be a different animal in a couple of weeks. :D

Oh, and hopefully the new number plates should arrive tomorrow. I'll fit them on Monday after ringing the insurance unless they're open tomorrow

I've got AD08's on the rear and AD08R's on the front. It's fine on my car, and it gets driven hard.

Is that as a daily Jack? How are they in the wet?

These aren't inspiring confidence, though the front's ability to shift water is a bit reduced I'm thinking.

That's the other option I suppose, just get two new alloys in the right offset and get some AD08Rs on them and get the train into work if it gets bad over winter. :lol:

They are great with optimum tread, but as you wear them down below 3mm they aren't great in the wet. They're classed as a summer tyre so are never going to be great in the wet, mind you the fed rsr are horrendous in the wet. Mine are on 3.5-4mm odd all round now and in standing water on the m25 the other week it wasn't a nice experience. But in the bone dry they work incredibly well. I think once I source a set of ad08r I will stick them on my rays wheels and throughout the winter I'll get some other wheels and put some eagles on them. There is a massive backlog of ad08r in 215/45/17 at the moment.

Is that as a daily Jack? How are they in the wet?

These aren't inspiring confidence, though the front's ability to shift water is a bit reduced I'm thinking.

That's the other option I suppose, just get two new alloys in the right offset and get some AD08Rs on them and get the train into work if it gets bad over winter. :lol:

Yeah, 300-400 miles a week.

I think they're fine in the wet personally. They are sold as a summer tyre, but have a better wet rating than a lot of middle of the road rubber.

Mind you, I did make the transition from about 4 years worth of Parada Spec 2.

Just got off the phone with Demon Tweeks for some alloys and tyres.

They've got AD08Rs in stock in the 225/40/18 size I would need, good price too. What I didn't know is there are different paint codes for Anthracite Gloss on the Pro Race 1.2s, so I'm going to have to get the wheel off and look for the code on the inside of the rim and ring them back on Monday.

There could be a wait on them I've been told, depending on the code. Bugger, wanted them on for the geo setup!

New number plates arrived and they are the wrong size. They're the standard UK square plates that the bodyshop made up as freebies, 12" by 8" and don't fit in the recess on the rear.

Went down to Halfords and they were about as useful as tits on a fish. They tried to make up a rear bike plate as a quick fix, only to find they don't have the right size letters in for those plates. :mad:

I'm going to get some eBay ones done and get them sent special delivery.

It's also developed a knock at low speeds when maneuvering on the o/s front to go along with a heatshield rattle I've had since I've had it.

Frigging cars...

I've had the front up and no play in anything obvious. It could be the ASTs need some attention.

I have found something else though. Driveshaft boot at the gearbox end was covered in oil which raised an eyebrow. Turns out the sandwich plate before the oil filter for the oil pressure and temp gauges has a small leak. Checked the oil level and it's bob on, so it's not losing much. It's coming from the sensor ports rather than the fixing itself so if that can't be sorted I'll be binning the gauges off which is a shame.

The list for Stevie is growing... :lol:

A week on Wednesday Ed.

I've been on a proper downer about it all day now, I'm getting that expensive feeling! :(

Flashpro generic FD2 remap is so worth it though. VTEC at 5k, so it does feel a tad more spritely! That'll do until the TDi remap.

Something not suspension related but procured before more expensive things came to the fore...

Old one was flaking a bit, so got a freshly refurbished one from Paul at Spooner Restorations. Arrived today.

IMAG2292.jpg

Back