• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

Currently sat at Honda in Wigan for the AC diagnosis. There are no fins left on the condenser virtually but no obvious cracks or holes.

I've asked them to stick some gas in it anyway to see if there are any leaks anywhere else and I'm getting a new condenser ordered.

Got the proper replacement bumper put on it yesterday. Much better. :)

jehuvana.jpg

I'll have a search of t'internet, but I might see how it goes now it's had a re-gas and doesn't appear to be leaking...

ybuty9e6.jpg

Stevie's on Tuesday too. I haven't opened the box with the new suspension in yet, I guess I'd better do that tonight and check everything is there. :eek:

It'll be just your luck that something would be missing or it would be for a different car :lol:

Fitted two new TD Pro Race 1.2s in a decent offset for the car on the front this morning with some AD08Rs. :cool:

rane9ysu.jpg

ygapuheb.jpg

I know what you mean, it looks much better black.

Someone I know has just taken a black one off to fit a Mugen. I've contemplated asking him for a price.

I've just been concentrating on things that improve the drivability and fixing niggles so far.

Spray it with plastidip, then you can return it back if needed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yep, my phone has been playing up all day so no check in on FB today.

Full write up tomorrow!

Ha yeah he lives in abu dhabi so thinks he can get away with flip flops here. Error.

Yeah rear hub and arm fitted. Front creased though so needs strut, wishbone and hub up front. Hopefully reuse the superpro bushes.

Then it's fitting the wing and headlight in my own time and sourcing the milano bumpers which seem to be like rocking horse poo!!

Steve is textbook though , proper garage.

Righty ho.

Went to Grinspeed yesterday for the final (I hope) pieces of the puzzle.

Racing Logic Coilovers 8kg front 9kg rear, SPC rear camber arms, replacement front Hel braided lines and have another look at the leaking oil sensor sandwich plate

All laid out and ready:

10520420_690305701037866_821151016516372464_n.jpg

Some pics of the coilovers on, custom headlight adjust bracket that Lee made up and the braided lines fitted:

IMAG2394.jpg

IMAG2398.jpg

IMAG2397.jpg

IMAG2396.jpg

IMAG2399.jpg

IMAG2395.jpg

IMAG2393.jpg

IMAG2400.jpg

Natty rig that Stevie had made up to assist with setting up the geo on cars that are hard to get under while keeping the suspension under load:

10518003_690305774371192_5077894691995796314_n.jpg

Done!

9296_690305747704528_6348749072348818331_n.jpg

Stevie and Lee as ever where like greased whippets when working on the car, they really are a joy to watch. Stevie set-up the damper stiffness based on his experience and how he knows I drive the car and I've got to say he's pretty much got it spot on.

All of the noises, with the exception of the rear brake disc heatshields buzzing, have now gone and hopefully I'll be able to get on with enjoying the car. Sticks like the proverbial to a blanket with Stevie's set-up. Well pleased!

Back