• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

I've looked at GruppeMs and they are about £550 on Xposed at the moment but I'm pretty sure there would be import fees to pay on that.

Mugen intakes are £350 on RHD-Japan, which sounds like a bargain! Just won't have the same noise factor.

Mugen airbox is a waste of time - no real gains, just a shiny lid. Either go Gruppe M, or drop a panel filter in and fit an intake scoop from M&M, or Backyard Special.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a sweet motor - when we went for a gander last weekend we went out in it and I had forgotten what an open cone VTEC induction roar sounds like. I chuckled. :lol: :oops:

Absolutely beautiful car mate!
Shame the STi did nothing for you but understand what you're saying. It's nowhere near as raw as the civic was and I miss the delivery of N/A with vtec. It's a bit too fast and smooth too (never thought I'd say those points as a negatives). I still love mine though :D 2 reasons being that it is just so fast and smooth haha! Mostly depends on what mood I'm in. Plus the steering feel is in another league on my STi and the grip is just ridiculous! It's different. The biggest problem with the STi is the low speed limits. Especially since most A roads have been lowered to 50 :mad:

I'm also one to keep looking at future cars even though I'm not in position or even ready to move on yet. Must look at R33 Skylines, E46 M3's, any <£9k Audi V8, DC5's, DC2's, Classic Type R STi's, 350Z's, Evo VI & IX's on a weekly basis.
I'll be no doubt adding these to the list when they're more affordable or I'm earning more money too.

Just beautiful! Especially in that colour.

I'm not much of a poster here, just a lurker! But I've pondered over that car on PH a few times.. Glad somebody has bought it and I'm sure it's in good hands :)

Looks great and I enjoyed the story behind buying it too. The TDs suit it perfectly!

Look forward to seeing the mods ;)

I bought the exact same alloys (except et30 all round) at the beginning of December. Can't wait to get them on but want new tyres all round too (can't afford them at the moment) and for winter to pass. Look great and are surprisingly light.

Glad to see you bought it. I miss mine a lot. I didn't like the gauges on this one, are you moving them or leaving them as is? Skunk2 CAI is what you need for an intake. My Seeker kit was great but nothing on sound and performance of the Skunk2. Cheaper too even with a bottle of new coolant.

Looks really nice condition, I do like this shade of Blue though :D

The price you paid is the price they should be really, but I think you got a bargain considering the bits that have already been done :D

Any plans before you get it mapped on FlashPro? I see it already has a decat so you may be better doing it sooner rather than later. Is the light on the dash with it then?

The FX rate is the culprit, I'd like to see 200yen to the pound again.

Glad to see you bought it. I miss mine a lot. I didn't like the gauges on this one, are you moving them or leaving them as is? Skunk2 CAI is what you need for an intake. My Seeker kit was great but nothing on sound and performance of the Skunk2. Cheaper too even with a bottle of new coolant.

The gauges look OK in the car. I think they'd look a bit wrong stuck on top of the dash.

I hadn't thought of a Skunk2 intake, good call.

This is very nice John - extremely nice. I have grown to love the FD2's. When I had the DC5 and EP3, the FD just never had that appeal... dare I say it, I think I prefer them above the afore-mentioned now. A nice spec to boot! The blue is gorgeous, but I prefer the Champ White scheme. Thumbs up.

great looking car , as you said i bet it looks nice when its clean and the sun shines down on it .

Looks amazing mate, can't wait to see it at JAE or an earlier meet if the new site owner manages to organise something ;)

A remap will do it wonders plus any other mods you are already thinking about haha.

Back