• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

Have you looked into custom exhausts?

I've priced up a TDi-North 3" system.

Mods I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on in the immediate future are:

Mugen wind deflectors
Skunk2 or Hybrid Racing CAI

Longer term:
Buddy Club header
TDi-North 3" cat back
Skunk2 72mm TB with bore matching on the RRC
Double din with reverse camera install
Mugen front lower splitter/Rear lower splitter/Wing (although these would be a luxury)

Stumbled across this on my internet trawling, thought it was a bloody good price for Mugen:

http://www.nengun.com/mugen/quick-shifter

Thought you may be interested :)

I'm pretty sure there is VAT and import duty on stuff from Nengun. Same as RHDJapan but it's £108 plus shipping on there.

I have read that people with FD2s have been disappointed with the Mugen Shifter though as it's not that much of a difference to the OEM.

I can't get to grips with the Nengun website, hate the layout of everything, which makes it very hard to browse products.

Awesome car! I always assumed the performance of a standard FD2 would be similar to a flash pro'd FN2 i.e more mid range & a bit more peak power?

I've always liked the champ white ones but the blue looks really good. I'd have to lose the chrome grille surround though, ideally for a mugen one!

Aye Ed, arrived today.

e2a5a2e8.jpg

tezyqyru.jpg

I'm pretty sure there is VAT and import duty on stuff from Nengun. Same as RHDJapan but it's £108 plus shipping on there.

I have read that people with FD2s have been disappointed with the Mugen Shifter though as it's not that much of a difference to the OEM.

I bought some Nismo mats from them last week for £300 less than you can get them in the UK. No added VAT or import charge was made, just £31 freight from Japan. Could have got the shipping cheaper too but didn't fancy a 3 month wait.

PS Tarmac, I know what you mean RE: Nengun site, hence why I posted the quickshifter up for Loxy... I was trying to find GTR parts and somehow ended up on Mugen :picardfp:

I think you'd need to modify the shell to add centre seat belt points, I don't believe they're present as standard.

Makes sense. I've not had the bench up to look. Plus you'd have to change it with the DVLA.

Here's the most boring question on the thread so far: does it have cruise control/is it an option?

Am I right in thinking the FN2 GTs did?

I don't know of I've asked before but;

Now you've had it a while, how did your FN2 compare once all the money was spent on it to the FD2?

Here's the most boring question on the thread so far: does it have cruise control/is it an option?

Am I right in thinking the FN2 GTs did?

No cruise control and no steering wheel mounted controls at all, not even for the radio.

I don't know of I've asked before but;

Now you've had it a while, how did your FN2 compare once all the money was spent on it to the FD2?

The FN2 felt faster and it put the power down in a straight line better.

I'm putting that down to the camber this is running and that it hasn't been mapped yet. VTEC is still at 5,600 I think it is and I keep expecting it to come in earlier.

Things that will all get sorted when I get my arse in gear. :lol:

It does feel very planted but you sit a lot lower in the car and the car itself sits low on the ASTs. It is stiff don't get me wrong but it feels very well dampened with the Konis on the rear.

Talk to me about rear fog light placement as part of the requirements upon arriving in the UK. As all I can envisage is a cheap plastic blob hanging from the underside of the rear bumper...

Back