• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

Talk to me about rear fog light placement as part of the requirements upon arriving in the UK. As all I can envisage is a cheap plastic blob hanging from the underside of the rear bumper...

It depends on the importer, all my cars have had them in the rear light cluster.
Teg was in a brake light
S15 is in one of the reverse lights.

Mine's in the tail light replacing one of the reverse lights like Mark's S15.

Yup mines in the rear cluster replacing a reverse light. Matt in the DC5 forum has managed to make it so he still has the two reverse lights when in reverse, but when it's foggy, they both work as fog lights. Not sure how he's done it, he's a bit of a wiz with his electronics. I'll try and find the bit from his build on how he's achieved it, but I think it takes a bit of knowledge of wiring systems.

I think he has an exhaust now from what I read on Civinfo.

We need vids John :D

There was a post referring to money spent on an exhaust in a different thread

Been a bit slammed with work recently so no not updated this thread.

Waiting to go on the car:
Skunk2 CAI
Kakimoto cat back
Carbon spark plug cover
Refurbed rocker cover (still not decided on a colour)
Skunk2 gearknob

Needs doing:
Service in the next couple of months
Geo setup properly
Dyno tune

I'm not planning to get any more mods in the short term and I'm still waiting for the exhaust to arrive which apparently needs donut gaskets and bolts.

When everything is present and correct I'll be booking a couple days off work for the service, bits and mapping.

I thought about it...

Then I thought about the exhaust bolts and shedding knuckles in the wheels arch, so I'll be getting the exhaust and intake fitted.

The rocker cover will be coming off for valve clearances anyway so that'll get done for me.

I'll do the gearknob myself. :lol:

All this Gym work, you have the strength to undo all these bolts with no need for spanners :lol:

Where did the 'zorst come from? I wonder if my one is still doing the rounds. :lol:

Seller on eBay. The same chap had had it up since June 2013. Originally up for £500, dropped to £450 and he accepted my £350 offer.

Great read so far Loxy, love the colour of your FD. The more I see pics of them the more and more I like them!

Seller on eBay. The same chap had had it up since June 2013. Originally up for £500, dropped to £450 and he accepted my £350 offer.

Nae bad. I know I made a profit on mine when I sold it, but it was reasonably new and exchange rates had only recently bombed so that played in my favour. Very small market though, so not surprising really.

Back