• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Made to look like a fool...

Had my car now for 3 weeks and after the first couple days I noticed that in the morning there is a creeking/knocking noise coming from the back suspension area on both sides but it only lasts minutes and goes away, I took it back to the garage yesterday and they checked it and came back to me and said are you sure is isn't the road at your house or something in your boot! I'm
Sure I've seen this as a common problem before could anyone verify this? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing I'd look at is the Top Mounts on the shocks. If they are loose they will cause a knocking noise.

Rear creak is a common issue. I'll dig out the service bulletin and host it, give me a sec.

Whilst we are here what about the tapping noise coming done the revs after being in vtech? Just normal? Only done it to my ears a couple times

When were your valve clearances last done? They should be checked every 25k miles. It could also be the injectors, they are quite noisy on the FN2.

Bulletin, print it out and take it back. Only covered under normal warranty though.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

It's an 09 plate on 48k miles mate full honda service history but I'm not sure about the value clearances

Thanks for that it looks a very simple fix and to be made sound like an idiot as if there something in my boot moving around is just insulting as per from a dealer

Back