• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Badge Outline after removal

Morning All,

I've taken the 'Civic' badge of the boot lid. Managed to remove the extremely stubborn glue that was left behind.

Now I'm stuck with an outline of the badge on the paint. If you run your finger over it, you can't feel the outline. Is there anyway this can be removed? I am beginning to wonder if the badge has actually 'marked' the paint and that nothing can be done...???

T-Cut will probably do it. Just make sure all the residue has gone and the area is clean, otherwise you're just going to rub dirt into your paint.

T-cut will probably do the job too well, you'll probably find whatever you use to apply the t-cut turns the same colour as the paint that was once on your car.

definitely go with a lighter 'scratch remover'

Use the right thing for the job. Use a dilute Acetone (nail polish remover) to get the marks off.

T Cut? Fcuk me.

I had the same problem when I removed my rear type r badge as it was looking a bit old and battered. The outline on mine was the clear lacquer where someone had relacquered in the past but didn't remove the badge so I had to use scratch remover and t cut and it made it a hell of a lot better and smoother. All depends how bad yours is I suppose.

I take it, it’s just an adhesive no plastic clips inside boot lid. Just cut around it with wire or dental floss.

Back