• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sam's Accord Type R

So as you may know, Sam (the wife) bought Walkden's ATR.

After coming from 2 Evo's i was worried she wouldn't enjoy it as she is used to high power figures and the feel of Turbo. I can safely say she is loving every minute of it, even though she's got get used to thrashing a car now to get the best out of it.

We gave it a good claying today and a wax. Some pics and a few before and afters.

First Night Home

Sam Snow Foaming

Smokey Light

After (Needs Machining)

Nice and clean

Thought I'd better update this for once.

Generally it's been great.
We have had to shell out some cash to keep her running but with 93k on the speedo it's not a shock.
Its in great condition for its mileage and as long as we keep up the maintenance then I can see it running for a long time.

It's slower than my old DC5 but I'm still having fun, recently had to have the drop links done as I could hear banging while driving it. Thought it was the exhaust hanger had broken and the exhaust was loose. :lol:

£50 later and it's ready to go again.

:lol:

I would be lying if I say it's not crossed my mind before but I'm waiting for a warm summer. Or hell to freeze over.

Went to pick one up for a friend so he can take his S15 off the road for the winter and so far im impressed with it aswell, apart from it drinking oil but ** do the valve timing and hopefully that solves it rather than valve stems.

There rather comfortable aswell :)

How much are these going for? I need a practical runaround next year. Can't remember, but do the rear seats go down?

As far as I'm aware the rear seats are fixed.

You can pick one up for £3kish now mate. Seen them as low as £2k.
Cracking car for the money and better than an Alfa. :lol:

Hmm, too much, will probably just get a mk1 petrol Focus and run it into the ground.

I want a second car alongside the S2000 that's reasonable to drive yet something I won't care much about if it picks up parking dings. Practicality is a must, so needs to be a hatch.

Should stick with my initial gut feeling and get the Focus. :lol:

I do miss my ATR though, second one much more than the first, it was a much better example. Great cars.

Hmm, too much, will probably just get a mk1 petrol Focus and run it into the ground.

I want a second car alongside the S2000 that's reasonable to drive yet something I won't care much about if it picks up parking dings. Practicality is a must, so needs to be a hatch.

Should stick with my initial gut feeling and get the Focus. :lol:

I do miss my ATR though, second one much more than the first, it was a much better example. Great cars.

I saw a 2001 Focus Ebony for £2k yesterday, only had 69,000 miles on it.

I had had pretty much the same car years ago, fully recommend purely for the heated front screen and heated seats combo.

Back