• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pre-Facelift EP3 Hamilton & Palmer Alarm Removal Guide?

Hi guys.

Im new to the 'R' world so will be introducing myself in the newbie section soon :)

Anyway, long story short, I got my Type R on Saturday and by Tuesday night the alarm was going off randomly and it ended up being immobilised for 2 days with the battery off which I wasn't happy about!!

After some searching I found they are a common problem so I rang up Hamilton & Palmer and they said my circuit board is buggered and gave me a bit more info on the system. This morning I actually completely bypassed this alarm system and am now up and running again (yay!) on the std immobiliser as my only security for now until I decide what to do.

As I didn't come across much solid info on this I was wondering if a put up a little 'how to' guide on bypassing the system it would be useful to anyone? Took some pics along the way but obviously won't bother writing it up if no one has a need for it! When searching I just seemed to see a lot of people in the same situation as me...desperate to drive it! Thought I'd bought a paper weight at one point!

Cheers
Steve

Crack on fella. Anything that's not been written about in depth will come in use to someone along the lines!

Back