• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rules on Thread titles

I thought I'd throw it out there about maybe tightening up the rules on thread titles. I've just searched for threads/posts on headlight issues and the amount of titles to threads that give no information into the content of the thread. For example "headlight problem help !!!!!" And "urgent help !!!!".

It makes searching for information a real pain

You can search for title content, but the default search is for post content.

If you click advanced search you can also choose between thread results which shows the thread title, or post results which shows the contents of the post containing the search item.

The latter gives more results and can give multiples results per thread, so it can overwhelm you with content, but if I'm looking for something specific it is what I use.

Managing thread titles as well as enforcing the other rules would be a step too far in my opinion. Plus if people want answers to their requests for help it is in their own interest to make titles as clear as possible.

I use the advanced search, it does help but the thread titles listed don't always offer a great deal of information. To much "HELP!!!!!" and "URGENT!!!" But that's just my opinion, like you say it's in people's best interest to be clear.

I use the advanced search, it does help but the thread titles listed don't always offer a great deal of information. To much "HELP!!!!!" and "URGENT!!!" But that's just my opinion, like you say it's in people's best interest to be clear.

I think this every I look at the forum. +1 from me for this suggestion. I guess this is really a plea for forum users to give their threads accurate titles rather than a need for moderator action.

Back