• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Electrical Problem

Helo i am new here... I'm having difficulties in rectify of my honda civic fd2 type R which are having some electrical problems.. 1. When insert a car key into the ignition key, "beep" or chime sound appear then after 10 beep sounds its gone.. 2. Then i start the engine, the door indicator, I notice flickering...then I shut the door, I swicth on the headlight, the dashlight keeps on and off.. 3. When the speed reach 15km/h , the speed sensitive auto lock door is not functioning... 4. I switch on the aircon, there is a unusual sound coming from the fan condensor.. All these problems coming only after I switch on engine... For ur information, i check already the error code.. It shows 9 codes.. Code 1: B1008 MICU lost communication with gauge control module (A/T message) Code 2: B1011 MICU lost communication with Gauge Control module (VSP/** message) Code 3: B1905 Immobillizer unit lost communication with MICU (door lock switch message) Code 4: B1906 Immobilizer unit lost communication with Gauge control module (A/T message) Code 5: B1205 Climate Control Unit lost communication with gauge control module (VSP/** message) code 6: B1206 Climate Control Unit lost communication with gauge control module (coolant temp) Code 7: B1207 Climate ControlUnit lost communication with Gauge Control Module (illumination message) Code 8: B1225 An open in the in-car temperature sensor circuit. Code 9: B1241 A problem in the driver's blower motor circuit... Can anyone of here rectify of my car's problem?? Any help would appreciate...

Have you had the battery tested? Low and faulty batteries can throw up multiple error codes.

Yes bro.. I sent my car to local workshop here.. They said, my battery is still in perfect condition.. :confused::confused:.. They tested also the alternator is still in good charge...

I just sent my FD to the local workshop..they said all the wiring are in normal.. but they rectify that my dimmer switch has problem.. could it be that or some one else??:(... in my mind could it be Electronic Load Detector inside the fuse box under the hood or else...:( need you guys opinion...

just to quick update re:my fd2r electrical problems.. i have been researched everything.. finally, my fd2r is going back to normal
the problem is Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) inside the under dash fusebox.. which is u have to replace whole thing the fusebox:)

Good to know, thanks for updating.

The UK cars had an issue with the MICU that caused the battery to drain if the car was stood for any length of time.

Did you manage to source a new unit easily enough?

sorry for the late reply.. i bought only the use one.. it cost me around $400 .. if new one it cost around $800 from japan...

Hey there Hammi. I'm a newbe to all this and signed up Seeking help on a problem with my Fd2. As I noticed what happened to your Fd2 is similar.
So heres what happened...I went out yesterday to start my car for first time in a month and the battery was dead, so jump started it! Car started up fine then 10seconds later the dash begins to go crazy. Ie; the Rev handle moves, fuel gauge, temperature gauge, airbag light etc etc. I also noticed when the car heated up that the fan to cool the engine revs up and down!
Do u have any clue on what could be wrong

thanks jason

Hey there Hammi. I'm a newbe to all this and signed up Seeking help on a problem with my Fd2. As I noticed what happened to your Fd2 is similar.
So heres what happened...I went out yesterday to start my car for first time in a month and the battery was dead, so jump started it! Car started up fine then 10seconds later the dash begins to go crazy. Ie; the Rev handle moves, fuel gauge, temperature gauge, airbag light etc etc. I also noticed when the car heated up that the fan to cool the engine revs up and down!

thanks jason

The ECU is going nuts because the battery condition is poor, it's common on FN2s so I would imagine it would be a similar story on the FD2.

RE: PROBLEM

First thing, u try to reset the ECU located under the dash or under the hood(if im not mistaken);).. then if still problem, try to check the error code by using scanner tool to rectify the problem..

Thanks for the replies guy. I've a fella coming out today to try a few things so ** mention what use have said and keep yous posted. I prey it's something simple :rolleyes:

Just a word of warning regards the battery. It can test fine but still be poor enough to cause weird and fanciful problems. Civics don't like some batteries once they've been flat and recharged. It might be as simple as replacing the battery.

no need Sir.. last time, i didnt coded the keys... after i replaced the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU)

thanks jason

jason did you solve your problem? and what was it in the end?

Jason was last online 3 weeks ago so is still an active user. Would also be interested to hear how he got on. :smt023

Guys

It's seems to be a fault with the FD2. The digital speedo goes faulty, sending the dash lights crazy. With my car, every 10/15 seconds the dash would go mad!!

Cut a long story short.. replacing the digital clocks will solve the problem. Think somewhere in the region of £450 to £500 for the part

Back