• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

I might just leave it for a few weeks as I have use of the Focus. Fcuking cars.

Performance Friction 2 piece discs for the front and Dixcel FCR FP discs for the rear on their way.

What lovely cold weather for fitting them, so I may limp the car to a local garage I trust.

After doing a lot of reading, I've ordered some PBS pads which will replace the current Brembo's when they're due changing.

New pads have arrived, I think I'll fit them when the new discs get here and keep the current Brembo pads as spares.

IWcfmJo.jpg

New brakes arrived, looking forward to getting them fitted and getting the chance to drive the car again.

jL34Rh1.jpg

lHAIVfK.jpg

FkqUq44.jpg

New discs fitted. The pads have less life than I thought they would, it seems a day at Donnington in the rain has taken over 50% of their life! I'll have to fit the new pads before I go over to Spa and the 'Ring later this year.

Ignore the lack of rear centre caps, I have new ones on the way. Not the best pics, but you get the idea. I'm actually tempted to get the rear calipers painted.

Wl1vAZq.jpg

5PLKuBy.jpg

They're largely about fade resistance. In reality you need larger surface area to increase stopping power. Plus the tyres are always a limiting factor.

Not that it matters. Crashed it today and probably wrote it off.

They're largely about fade resistance. In reality you need larger surface area to increase stopping power. Plus the tyres are always a limiting factor.

Not that it matters. Crashed it today and probably wrote it off.

Were the tyres the limiting factor today?

Back