• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Edit on 03 Aug 2015 to include mods list at the start:

Power modifications:
Mugen CAI
J's Racing manifold
Decat
Fujitsubo RM-01A exhaust
Hondata Flashpro ECU

Wheels/suspension/body etc:
RAYS CE28N wheels
Yokohama AD08R tyres
Öhlins coilovers
OEM duck bill spoiler
Competition Clutch Stage II
GT hardtop in the garage, fitting kit on the car

Brakes:
HEL braided lines
Project Mu HC800 pads
Spoon monoblock calipers

ICE:
Kenwood BT73DAB headunit
Alpine PDX-F4 amp
Audison AV K6 components
Sound deadening in the doors

2L8A3229.jpg

2L8A3240.jpg

2L8A3237.jpg

2L8A3234.jpg

2L8A3233.jpg

2L8A3230.jpg

2L8A3228.jpg

2L8A3227.jpg

Original post:

Since I drove one in around 2004, I really really wanted an S2000. Throughout the years, finances or insurance got in the way and I never got round to owning one. With summer approaching and already having missed some lovely warm weekends I decided to put the Evo up for sale and start looking at what was for sale.

The Evo took a little while selling, mainly due to time wasters and silly low offers. I held out for the right sort of buyer/deal and it sold on Saturday for the asking price. I'd already spied a nice blue S2000 on Pistonheads and made arrangements to go and view it. It's a 2 owner 2006 car, with the now previous owner having it for 4 years and only covering 9000 miles. It's 100% OEM, no head unit or JDM gear knobs in sight, exactly what I wanted. It also had a full Honda service history with a £700 service being done last year. I made my offer and it was accepted so I took out 2 day insurance and drove it away there and then. I don't even know what the colour is called. :lol:

I'm really enjoying the car - roof down, RWD, screaming engine and great handling combined with a neat driver focussed cabin all add up to a great driving experience. Yes, the Evo would muller it point to point, especially on the straights and of course I'll miss the power. But the thing about this car is that I can have fun doing half the speed I would need in the Evo. I think I was out driving it on and off for 6 hours today. :lol:

Some pics from today in the Forest of Dean.

TJhX2V0.jpg

DHuCSPL.jpg

STXrJBt.jpg

N693BHk.jpg

2lN7AzE.jpg

I will, but I won't miss the £1200 head rebuild or nigh on £500 AYC repair amongst other things. :lol:

Cheers Dott. Pretty sure it'll say somewhere in the paperwork. :)

It was the colour they used in the 06 brochure. Bermuda blue, I had weighed it up myself but the wait time was too long.

There was another one for sale as well. A black one, which has some correct fitment TE37's and a Seibon carbon bonnet, it was also the GT model. But I really wanted an unfettled one.

Very nice and perfect time to enjoy it.

What mods have you got planned for it?
Nothing major. Want to get the usual rad caps etc for some bling, change the head unit so I can use my iPod and maybe DAB. Then brakes I think, shall have to see.

Very nice Chris, looks a beaut and love that colour. :smt023

I was about to post on Facebook about the one in Worcester, if you wanted anyone to have a quick peek at it as it's not all that far away from me and any excuse to have a nosey at a car and a drive. Then my phone had a hissy fit and it lost my message, then saw you had already bought one lol

Looks a beaut, really do like blue cars and you definitely picked the right weekend to buy it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lovely colour that! you should take a look at getting the 'UK exhaust mod' done, i found with mine that the standard exhaust is far too muted because of the twin loop backboxes.

It's basically just a couple of bypass pipes to take out one of the loops on each one. Mine still sounds standard at idle but when you put your foot down it opens up nicely. But i also have the centre silencer cut out :).

Nice S2000 Chris, having had and loved my S2000 I'm sure I'll own another one day.
I'd recommend getting the geo checked ASAP as these cars are really affected by a poor geo.
id also recommend more supportive seats and some meister R coilovers as it completely changes the car.

OEM front lip is a must too!

I'd stay away from 'power' mods in general, far to expensive with little gain, just focus on the handling IMO.
unfortunately most exhausts for the s2000 sound raspy and crap, I had a mk1 mugen one and it sound fantastic, slightly deeper and louder than standard.

Enjoy!

Lovely colour that! you should take a look at getting the 'UK exhaust mod' done, i found with mine that the standard exhaust is far too muted because of the twin loop backboxes.

It's basically just a couple of bypass pipes to take out one of the loops on each one. Mine still sounds standard at idle but when you put your foot down it opens up nicely. But i also have the centre silencer cut out :).

Where can I get this done and how much does it cost? It sounds like it's exactly what I'm after.

Nice S2000 Chris, having had and loved my S2000 I'm sure I'll own another one day.
I'd recommend getting the geo checked ASAP as these cars are really affected by a poor geo.
id also recommend more supportive seats and some meister R coilovers as it completely changes the car.

OEM front lip is a must too!

I'd stay away from 'power' mods in general, far to expensive with little gain, just focus on the handling IMO.
unfortunately most exhausts for the s2000 sound raspy and crap, I had a mk1 mugen one and it sound fantastic, slightly deeper and louder than standard.

Enjoy!

The Geo feels fine, thrashed it around yesterday and no nasty surprises. However it is booked in at TGM for upgraded front discs, pads, fluid, lines, health check and geo.

What made you focus on a completely stock car?

No concrete reason apart from wanting something unfettled and wanting to enjoy a standard car and then doing my own thing to it.

Back