• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Cosmic EP3!! My Second Type R

hello and welcome to my new thread,

after leaving the ep3 world I sadly miss it, so now I have just purchased myself to me, the daddy of them all (minus the fact its not 30th anni) :(

anyhoo, this is my first thread and first ep3 build.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?84419-my-satin-ep3!

since leaving I went for a Punto hgt.
fairly nice car had a few modifications handled pretty good

then popped up a golf I couldn't refuse.

1.8t 20v audi 180 engine
many many modifications stupidly fast

will be missed but its come to the time I need another ep3

when I first looked at a civic type r I really wanted the facelift cosmic grey but couldn't afford one, so picked the best I could afford

so when I thought about another car it had to be the cosmic ep3

i found what i thought was the perfect one, sorted everything out money wise left deposit on it.
the rac inspection came back with a few bits that needed doing so they booked it in and had the work done, after the garage had finished they parked it round the corner ready to be valleted friday morning then returned to the garage for me to collect saturday.
i got a phone call friday afternoon.....your civics been written off!! a biffa lorry reversed into it squashing it against a wall side on.

after alot of looking i managed to find another one, a premier model low mileage 2006 plate.
go down first thing saturday to view the car after being on the phone 2 hours friday making sure it sounded right for me. i get there to find it was wrecked, the car didnt sit square from the rear it had 3 different shades of grey and shoddy blends. i took one look at the outside and walked away very unhappy that the guy had wasted my time and made the car sound perfect on the phone when really it was a real mess.

this left me 2 hours away from home set to buy one that day, so i tried to contact one from another owners club but i got no answer so i guessed it had sold.

i then ended up in birmingham at a performance garage that had 9 type r's! and only 1 was cosmic grey, after a quick look around i decided this was the one for me, still fuming from the mornings incident the dealer had a hard job reading me and i was able to get a good deal.

pictures will follow soon

Last edited by a moderator:
its a 2005 on 54 plate
low mileage just 84.000
cosmic grey
minor mods but other than that completely standard.

cobra oval cat back non resonated
satin black standard wheels
hondata air box mod with green panel filter

a/c
brand new falken tyres all round

Nice car mate. I agree with you about the wheels,not to my taste either.
If you buy a tax disc holder,make sure you don't pay much as the tax disc will no longer need to be displayed after october this year.

Yeah i forgot about that.
** have a look for a cheap one then
Its got one of them massive sleeve ones, itl make my ocd go mad lol

Bad news, the car got written off this morning, it was parked up when a biffa lorry reversed into it.
I have found another one which i am getting tomorrow instead
i will put a new thread up after i get it

You had the car three days before it got totalled? S**t that's unlucky mate. Same thing happened to my EP3, a lorry cooked it's brakes and ran into the back of me, at least I had mine for 8 days!

Hope you enjoy the new one.

I hadnt picked it up before it got smashed.
Someone must of been telling me something.

The premier was a pile of poo so i ended up going up to birmingham to a garage who had a few (9) ep3s, only one in cosmic grey which i bought! The others were nice but mine really stood out to me.
Im over the moon with it.
When i get time i will start a new thread and put pics up

i couldnt help myself and got spending straight away,

skunk 2 weighted gear knob
red type r embossed floor mats
beaks style rear tie bar
grey socks
red alcantara gear surround
fresh H centre cap stickers
osran nightbreaker unlimited bulbs, chrome indicators, led number plate bulbs
red interior leds and under dash
pre-facelift rear lights

installed my sound system
a alpine parrot head unit
boss audio rear speakers
and found out it has pioneer tweeters and front speakers already in
vibe 12" sub active

Forgot to mention i found it has quick shift, i did wonder as the gears are so precise and tight.
Took the console off to have a look and there it was.
Very happy with that :)

Forgot to mention i found it has quick shift, i did wonder as the gears are so precise and tight.
Took the console off to have a look and there it was.
Very happy with that :)

Hello mate, Nice cosmic!

Can you tell me where you got the gear stick surround from in red?

also what guide did you use to fit pre facelift lights?, I have searched on here but the links provided are dead.

Yeah i got it off ebay, was only about £7 delivered.

I searched before fitting but found nothing in the end i went in blind.
Its quite easy but make sure you get the complete preface units as 1 of the light holders is different,

fitting is remove the rear bumper, theres a guide on here but its quick and easy anyway
2 bolts under the light then 3 inside behind the light.
All but the reverse holder fit in the new lights.
Unfortunately the plug doesnt fit in the new holder so i took the 2 pins out and tested which way round worked then wrapped them in electrical tape and pushed them in then taped them on the holder.

If you can, get them with the connectors and some wire left on so you can solder them properly. The wires are the same colour so nice snd easy.

Then bolt them in test and put bumper back on.

Took me about a hour from start to finish

some progress
before.

after.

after a wash.

red silicone hose kit
grey super gt aluminium oil cap
sfs intake hose
mugen pedal covers
stainless hose clips
ash breather filter (not fitted in pics)
smd led amber headlight indicator bulbs

Any chance you can PM me the ebay link form your history?

I cant find it anywhere!

Thanks for the advice with the lights also

Back